Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To Simon Says,

Are you kidding?

If you are serious, I am sure if you had lived during the second world war you would have been one of those guys telling the Nazis that your neighbors were Jewish so that you wouldn't get in trouble and because that's what they told you to do.
people like you need to grow some balls.
If through our history people would have always followed and obey the rules some of which being made to the advantage of a minority then you would still be living in a dictatorship.

Sometimes you need to take risks and make sacrifices in order to get a result, If it means losing your job, think about people risking their life.

I believe it has been over 5 years that Pinnacle pilots have been trying to get a new contract, it seems that all previous actions such as picketing haven't produced any result, it may be time to change the strategy and take some risk.

If lives were at stake then I would say you are spot on. Since we are negotiating under a legal frame work of the Railway Labor act then your post does not hold water.

We need to negotiate and sponser LEGAL work actions. We, as a pilot group, cannot stray outside the bounds of the laws that hold our contract legal.

Posted on the "other" board also

A few starters: every spoiler has 2 bonding straps that need to be there.
The gear doors have bonding straps.
Spare fuses need to be there.
ADG placard needs to be there. Really any red placard.
Nosewheel steering on/off label needs to be there.
The little mechanism that is under your knee to move it up needs to have ALL it's parts and work correctly.
Parking brake handle loose?

There are plenty of others. The key is to stand up and take one for the team if you have to. If it's broke at the outstation write it up!

Do a search for others.

You are correct on all those points. But, look at the lawsuit against the APA (Americain Pilot Association) and the Comair write up campaign. The Comair write up campaign was a classic example of how things can go wrong quickly. The judge ruled that the write ups were legitimate write ups, but ruled the pilots were writing up the airplanes unjustly and ruling in the companies favor.

You are correct on all those points. But, look at the lawsuit against the APA (Americain Pilot Association) and the Comair write up campaign. The Comair write up campaign was a classic example of how things can go wrong quickly. The judge ruled that the write ups were legitimate write ups, but ruled the pilots were writing up the airplanes unjustly and ruling in the companies favor.

Worked for NWA and ASA. You are correct that he should be careful what he says on a public forum, but you are incorrect that we need play nice after 6 years. Playing nice will guarantee one thing only, 6 more years without a contract.

XJ Rep just informed me that the XJ guys are being asked NOT to participate in the picketing. Sorry to my friends that I gave told that I will be there.

What about all the unity "Kum ba ya" BS murph??

I haven't heard a thing from CptMurf, or any of my reps, but I am going to take a stab at this. Maybe because Pinnacle is picketing for their OWN contract, not as a joint force for all three of us? Where is the unity in THAT?

Edit:

This is truly turning into a charlie foxtrot quick. This may be worse than America West and U.S. Airways.

Last edited:
PCL is picketing not having a contract. The contract they want (and are walking for) is a joint contract. XJ not walking is a bold statement!

What about all the unity "Kum ba ya" BS murph??
Well... "Kum ba ya" is still needed. It just seems some have left the reservation. And we will ALL (3 groups involved here remember, not just 9E) pay for it. I now have to honor the solidarity of MY pilot group, which says not to walk. I was planning to be there, and I apologize to my friends for not being able to.

Latest resources

Back