• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9e/xj/9l picketing 12/10 mem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I would give up my sucky position at 9E to start all over at the bottom of another sucky position with no upgrade in sight? I'd rather hang on at Pinnacle, an upgrade isn't too far away. The latest vacancy is kinda close.

it was a joke, do not give up your seniority and if you are close to an upgrade, thats where your bets should be placed.

You know, regardless of my thoughts on YOUR personal matters, I walked with you several years ago. It's about unity.

It's one thing not to take a stand and say nothing about picketing attendance. It's completely a different monster to actively take a stand for a MEC and declare a no-support. Your MEC has only looked at its own interest, without the interest of the other two. If there was unity, at the very least, your MEC would take a "neutral" stance on our picketing. But no matter. From now on, I'm sure our MEC will put only our own interests first. Can't count how many Mesaba guys I've heard touting a 1-for-1 integration with Pinnacle. Good luck! With you guys turning your backs on us in this critical time, do not expect me to support you anymore like I did a few years ago.

Isn't that what they did when they decided to go off on their own? It was the wrong time do picket, plain and simple. Do you even care to try to understand the reasons why that decision was made? The problem is you are thinking based on actions from the past and not the present. As I and many others on here say. This is a JCBA not section 6 negotiations. and who pickets after only 69 days of negotiations that are progressing? It was time for your MEC to suppout the other two and they let everyone down. We haven't seen much of a difference between the Pinnacle managers and those at XJ. To me they look and act like managers do. It's their job to be profitable and the challenge is for the negotiating committee and the company to find ways that work for everyone. Let them do their job. If progress stops we will be walking with you. You can count on that. And I'm also sure we would have full support from all three MECs, national, and probably others

Amen. XJ guys made a mistake in doing this. Think about it. They only statement you have made is that you are anti 9E. Mgt does not care that you are their patsy's.

For the record we are not anti 9E. I have met a lot of class acts that over there. The problem is with your leadership. How good did they do for you the last 6 years? Why are you trusting them now? They are leading you astray. Do some research, get some facts. They are doing and sayinng some radical things that only seem to be dividing us pilots. Breaking away and picketing at this time was wrong and sending that e-mail to you about our lack of support was wrong also. Neither one did anything to better the cause, but in fact made things worse. Even if we were told it was ok to picket and that it was felt the timing was wrong, the root of the problem is still there. And that is there is one MEC that cannot work together with the other two. We need a contract that is good for everyone.

Time For Some Facts!

Time will tell.

XJ MEC, 9L MEC, Delta MEC, ALPA NAtional, Lee Moak and John Prater all asked the 9E MEC not to picket while negotiations are moving forward. They also have a signed agreement not to use these tactics while good faith negotiations are going on.

The Pinnacle MEC leadership is wrong. They think they are being strong, but it only comes across as weak. Time will tell.

XJ MEC, 9L MEC, Delta MEC, ALPA NAtional, Lee Moak and John Prater all asked the 9E MEC not to picket while negotiations are moving forward. They also have a signed agreement not to use these tactics while good faith negotiations are going on.

The Pinnacle MEC leadership is wrong. They think they are being strong, but it only comes across as weak. Time will tell.

Negative. On all accounts except XJ and 9L.

The truth is Pinnacle does not support us, Colgan or the interests of the negotiations. We are in this together....I don't see the benefit in the 9E MEC wanting to open this can of worms during this time. It's not about you anymore, it's about us. If the wisdom of our MEC leadership decides that picketing would be counter-productive at this juncture, then we have to support the decision especially when all the facts are not on the table.
The statement made by the Mesaba MEC leadership was in a nutshell: stop being hotheads and reacting with shear emotion.

Arguing with a Mesaba pilot like SEVEN is like arguing with a mule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh33bGAxl58

Latest resources

Back