• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is anyone with me in thinking we (ExpressJet) need to be marketing a better option for PQ pilots here, at our airline, than what they will have with this. We ought to be combatting this horrid T/A with job protections here, along with pay. Hey- give the guys a job, and do it without an interview or probationary pay. At least that way we hold the line at the regional level within DCI, and our fellow ALPA pilots aren't dumped on the street to lose currency. This option buys time, and it cements a more solid future for us all.

Clutch- shut the hell up already!

Is anyone with me in thinking we (ExpressJet) need to be marketing a better option for PQ pilots here, at our airline, than what they will have with this. We ought to be combatting this horrid T/A with job protections here, along with pay. Hey- give the guys a job, and do it without an interview or probationary pay. At least that way we hold the line at the regional level within DCI, and our fellow ALPA pilots aren't dumped on the street to lose currency. This option buys time, and it cements a more solid future for us all.

Clutch- shut the hell up already!

I dare say that if any other regional out there were to offer jobs to 9E pilots with even a 2:1 longevity offer for pay... not seniority within new said company... Pinnacle would be void of employees within a month. 6th year pay to 3rd year at most any other company would hurt but not nearly as much as this TA. Never going to happen but hell a guy can dream right?

... Delta WILL be next targeting ASA/Expressjet, then will go after Skywest. Delta wants Compass/Gojet costs from ALL its partners and has all the leverage to get it.

...and if Xjet/SkyWest refuse, Delta will...what, give several hundred new aircraft to GoJet? They couldn't even handle 8 lousy new planes. I heard "from a guy" that all 8, beginning with N391CA, are currently sitting in mothballs in the desert, because they couldn't find enough pilots to fly them. If this is true, Delta may not have the leverage it used to have.

...and if Xjet/SkyWest refuse, Delta will...what, give several hundred new aircraft to GoJet? They couldn't even handle 8 lousy new planes. I heard "from a guy" that all 8, beginning with N391CA, are currently sitting in mothballs in the desert, because they couldn't find enough pilots to fly them. If this is true, Delta may not have the leverage it used to have.

It sure seems like they have been in control since the PNCL BK. You don't think they have multiple plans? These are the people who surprised everyone by buying a refinery. They think outside the box. That can be good or bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It sure seems like they have been in control since the PNCL BK. You don't think they have multiple plans? These are the people who surprised everyone by buying a refinery. They think outside the box. That can be good or bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, I see what you are saying, but I'd like to point out that DAL's "outside the box" thinking has been done, and executed before. Republic Airlines (not the regional, the airline that is a part of the new Delta bloodstream) had a refinery in the 80's. They sold it just before merging with Northwest.

I'm honestly thinking that ExpressJet will become less and less of a Delta Connection carrier, and may well become heavily entrenched in the new AA/USAirways and United. That will be interesting to see, expecially given that DAL was extremely unhappy about our small agreement with AA out of DFW.

It sure seems like they have been in control since the PNCL BK.

Word on the street is that when Delta ruthlessly tried to save a few bucks by sending 8 700s from Xjet to GoJet, Jerry used what he had leaned about ruthlessness from Delta, and bought up all the 700 sim time in North America. Now, instead of Delta saving a few bucks (at the cost of destroying quite a few careers), Delta is being denied ALL of the revenue from those 8 planes.

I'm not trying to get into a contest of "my CEO is a bigger bada$$ than your CEO" (because, frankly, I'm disgusted by all the underhanded behavior here), I'm just saying that the balance of power is changing.

This is a classic case of domestic abuse. When you beat your domestic partner enough, call it karma, the natural laws of the universe, or simply "good goes around but so does bad" (how ironic), eventually your partner will grow a set and refuse to put out in between the beatings.

Dick Anderson sitting at Woolman's desk, acting like a used car salesman on that safety video is classic. What a low class pos. Not too far removed from Mullins.

Word on the street is that when Delta ruthlessly tried to save a few bucks by sending 8 700s from Xjet to GoJet, Jerry used what he had leaned about ruthlessness from Delta, and bought up all the 700 sim time in North America. Now, instead of Delta saving a few bucks (at the cost of destroying quite a few careers), Delta is being denied ALL of the revenue from those 8 planes.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Do you really think Jerry would burn money on sim time just to block a competitor? How do you think Delta would react if SkyWest was really sabotaging another one of Delta's providers?

Regarding the airplanes, I've seen GoJet aircraft in Delta Connection livery as recently as last week in RDU and STL. They are most certainly not parked in the desert and I doubt they are having any real staffing trouble. If GoJet couldn't handle our 8 (+4 from SkyWest) why did Delta give them 10 more from the ComAir shutdown?

These rumors just sound like wishful thinking.

Latest resources

Back