9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From pubic Infomation:

Make sure you remember these wage scales and what 9E will do to the scale where you work when they come looking for a jumpseat.

The new bottom is Pinnacle.

I no longer work at Pinnacle, but still want to slap the $hit out of you. Do realize they are more upset with this situation then you are? What about there wives, children, mortgages, and other bills? Life is not as simple as a message board. Where do you get off threatening a whole pilot groups jump-seating ability? What an A-hole.

What lowers the bar more for the regional industry, the voting in of this TA, having the companies LBFO imposed, or shutting down and having all the aircraft go to GoJets?

Whew. Where do I start?
I despise when people say "just quit". Just such an ignorant comment.
What I will do is hold my own and when it comes to my turn to vote, I will only vote to raise the bar. If and when I am given that opportunity.
We are all overworked and under paid. Why in the world would you vote to lower the already low wages?

You do have an opportunity right now by saying no I will not lower the bar. What is the pay difference between what you make and what a mainline guy makes. In your argument, you are lowering the bar against the mainline. Just quit. That's is what you are telling the poor 9E guys to do. They have to vote how they see fit. Not what you want them to do.

You do have an opportunity right now by saying no I will not lower the bar. What is the pay difference between what you make and what a mainline guy makes. In your argument, you are lowering the bar against the mainline. Just quit. That's is what you are telling the poor 9E guys to do. They have to vote how they see fit. Not what you want them to do.

OK, I will dumb this down for you. Quitting does nothing. My position just gets filled by the next in line.
Voting NO. Gives the message to management that you are not going to work for sub par wages.

OK so what did we accomplish here?
Quitting = no message to management
Voting NO = a FU message to management.

All boils down to what kind of person you are. Voting Yes just tells management that they made the deal too good and they will come back for more. Until you vote NO they are going to keep stealing from you. Get it?

or voting no tells delta it's ok to run another regional into the ground and reset the longevity of another 2000 or so pilots. Reseting the longevity of 2400 pcl pilots is worth a hell of a lot more to delta than pay rates. The took out the most senior group, comair, and pcl is next. Thats why blojets and compass are comparatively cheaper. Logevity resets or concessionary contract? Delta wins either was once they force you into BK. Great game we are all playing here

OK, I will dumb this down for you. Quitting does nothing. My position just gets filled by the next in line.
Voting NO. Gives the message to management that you are not going to work for sub par wages.

OK so what did we accomplish here?
Quitting = no message to management
Voting NO = a FU message to management.

All boils down to what kind of person you are. Voting Yes just tells management that they made the deal too good and they will come back for more. Until you vote NO they are going to keep stealing from you. Get it?

Oh cool, now I understand. Thanks for dumbing it down for us, we not so smart. Amazing how people justify things in there favor.

Delta was trying desperately to get Comair to agree to this level of wage reduction before they shut them down (wouldn't have changed their course). Comair pilots held the line until the end. That will be remembered.

The only thing the Delta pilots remember about Comair is how their group would not hire any furloughed Delta pilots. I also remember jump seating on Comair and their pilots talking about buying Delta when Delta was in bankruptcy.

At least the Pinnacle pilots hired NWA furloughed pilots, and I bet the Northwest pilot group remembers that too. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

I bet the General can verify how he feels about that?

I did not read every page of this thread, but did not see any 50 seat rates. Anyone have Captain pay rate 5/12/18 year for both 900 and 200 for this new deal?

Now I heard that even if you vote yes they plan on getting rid of airplanes and furloughing. How many airplanes and furloughs do they tell you with a yes vote verse a no vote?

Man that is rough. Tough choices. It never ends in this industry.

Last edited:
Well, there were certainly a lot of unhappy people, unhappy about the turned down offer by their MEC. They supposedly wanted more CR7s to allow furloughed pilots to be stapled to his list, while giving up recall rights. It was a bad deal during an unfortunate time. I thought the initial flow up offered to Mesaba guys was unbelievable, with no interview or medical. This time it will be different, but still a good opportunity for many. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back