• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V1 only a Kool Aid drinker sees a threat in facts.

I know V1 personally and he is no Kool-Aid drinker and is a decent person that has paid his dues and done his best for the pilots of CJC and 9E. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for your remarks. Regardless of whether this TA passes or not, it isn't going to change the fact that the hard-working, honorable and dedicated professional pilots of Pinnacle Airlines and their families are going to heading down a rough road. Consider yourself fortunate that whomever called you first for an interview, and you were subsequently hired hasn't come to you for your job...

Word on the street is that when Delta ruthlessly tried to save a few bucks by sending 8 700s from Xjet to GoJet, Jerry used what he had leaned about ruthlessness from Delta, and bought up all the 700 sim time in North America. Now, instead of Delta saving a few bucks (at the cost of destroying quite a few careers), Delta is being denied ALL of the revenue from those 8 planes.

I'm not trying to get into a contest of "my CEO is a bigger bada$$ than your CEO" (because, frankly, I'm disgusted by all the underhanded behavior here), I'm just saying that the balance of power is changing.

This is a classic case of domestic abuse. When you beat your domestic partner enough, call it karma, the natural laws of the universe, or simply "good goes around but so does bad" (how ironic), eventually your partner will grow a set and refuse to put out in between the beatings.

Go tell the thousands of Comair and Pinnacle pilots that. You are commenting from a narrow point of view from your airline at the moment. Moments change and I don't ever see your regional running the show with your" balance of power changing". That is a regional lifer dream and it has been dashed at every regional. It sucks and anyone that thinks that a sub-contractor is going to run the show is dreaming.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but you can't blame me for trying to look for a positive angle in this whole s**tstorm that Delta has created.

By the way, can anyone at GoJet comment on the staffing/training/flying situation? I'm as curious as anyone to know the real truth.

'Delta is coming after Xjet/skyWest next'... Is Wycoff saying this? What he really means is probably 'Delta will use our pilot group as a model to slash and burn if you pass this TA'...

But hey, we'll throw you a grand and send you on your way. Don't spend it all in one place!

What does Tom Wycor Do - Absolutely Nothing!

Tom Wychor works his ass off for his fellow pilots. He always has. Blaming him just makes you look like a dolt.

General, I see what you are saying, but I'd like to point out that DAL's "outside the box" thinking has been done, and executed before. Republic Airlines (not the regional, the airline that is a part of the new Delta bloodstream) had a refinery in the 80's. They sold it just before merging with Northwest.

I'm honestly thinking that ExpressJet will become less and less of a Delta Connection carrier, and may well become heavily entrenched in the new AA/USAirways and United. That will be interesting to see, expecially given that DAL was extremely unhappy about our small agreement with AA out of DFW.

Let's not try to discuss the merrits of whether or not the refinery was a good deal (most analysts think it could save millions per year now), I was saying I think management has many plans depending on how this TA will go. So far they seem to be ahead of everyone else. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe it is a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but you can't blame me for trying to look for a positive angle in this whole s**tstorm that Delta has created.

By the way, can anyone at GoJet comment on the staffing/training/flying situation? I'm as curious as anyone to know the real truth.

This was really created by the PNCL BK. Without it, there would be no changing of the contract. It was the merger between all 3 airlines, and the resulting list and costs. The rest is all a result of the BK. BK is never fun, and it allows others to control the situation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well, we know what's in that TA. Please feel free to defend yourself (I mean him. . .). At least the Comair guys can hold their heads high. . .

Tom Wychor has always done a lot. If you don't like what he does, then you can say that. But idiots stating "he doesn't do anything" are just being dumb.

As for pride and whatever else you are talking about, be specific if you want a response.

Latest resources

Back