• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E Wins Race to Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does the court rejecting Pinnacle's contract help pilots at other airlines?

Imposed rates are not as compelling as voluntary concessions when negotiating or arbitrating compensation at other carriers. This TA will significantly lower the industry average. The worst parts are the 7 year duration, no snap-back provisions, and a penalty from DL if you try to get it back.

I'm the fool?
You are selling out the whole industry.
I'm not the one lacking integrity.

So, in general, regionals are a problem with this industry. So by working at one, you are selling out the industry and lowering the wages of the industry in general (assuming you are at regional), right? Maybe you and everyone at a regional should quit until they all get jobs at mainline? That would prove your integrity and commitment to the profession. Oh wait, you can't just up and quit without a job? That is basically what you are telling him to do.

I am at a regional like most people. You have to start somewhere.
Now I have yet to vote on a contract in the 9 years I've been flying at one. Rest assured my vote will be a "no" unless it meets my expectations. I can be flexible on some points but there are places that I am very firm on.
Like day pay/duty rigs.
Increased pay for f/o's.
better reserve rules. Much better.

I would rather be unemployed. And yes I am ready to strike if necessary.
Less we get into debt the easier it is to walk.

Great post Bri! Delta CRJ pay rates are like $136.00/hr so any regional captain not making that much is undercutting mainline and is thus a sellout right? What a bunch of hypocrites!

I figured it out and the fact is you guys are pissed off because we are getting some 900's that you wanted along with some preference from Delta.

Last edited:
And yes I am ready to strike if necessary.
Less we get into debt the easier it is to walk.

You will never get to strike as a regional pilot. You will PROBABLY never get to strike as a mainline pilot (if you get there)

Learn about the RLA and how the president (and other politicians) will not let you.

Your only course of action is to quit and leave the industry. If you just change airlines you will eventually be in the same boat.

That person is just doing a lot of chest thumping. Obviously has not done any research or has been through anything like this. This is my second bankruptcy and this is my 4th contract I have been around to see voted. Until there is a way to actually hold those mainline airlines to the fire, and not to let them whipsaw the jobs around this is a lost cause. If you are so unhappy with your career-you quit and show me you have some integrity in holding the line. Because no matter where you are (regional) you are hurting our industry with your pitiful low pay. I am surprised with your attitude you even accepted the job you currently hold! You are too good for it obviously. Oh wait-that is all there is? You need to stay current and have a job till the majors start hiring? Or you need to pay the bills? Welcome to our argument. If we did not accept this, my only option was to go overseas (harder than you think to get one of those jobs and to make the decision to leave my kids) or go to Go Jets and have even worse rules and less opportunity.

Kiss my Ass-mind your own business and shut your trap unless you actually think before you type something about a situation you know nothing about

My vote was based solely on my economic and future job search. For you idiots out there.....My vote was to keep a job while I look for a new job. To make my mortgage, support my kids, and find a new job.

So....at what point would you vote no? How much is too little? If the TA was even uglier would you still vote yes?

I just wonder at what point people start to stick up for themselves when being bullied around.

How does the court rejecting Pinnacle's contract help pilots at other airlines? How does Pinnacle going under and flooding the market with unemployed pilots help other airlines? These are two possible outcomes if Pinnacle pilots vote down the TA. Resent history has shown that we have very little power indeed. Pay will go up when the demand for pilots is greater than the supply.

Ummmm. The court refused to reject the contract and the company said they wouldn't go back with another request. (Just in case you hadn't heard...)

Latest resources

Back