• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You really don't look professional in your leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure where you saw ramp vans following military guys on walk-arounds but it wasn't at any unit I worked at. I am sure it was something you imagined while on peyote or smoked salmon in Halifax

You walked from the breifing out to the aircraft..... That can be a long way on an AF ramp....

People need to lighten up on the uniform thing. Passengers don't care about the uniform. The only people that seem to get all caught up about the uniform are the ones like the guy I saw in the mall the other day in full uniform -- DORKS! ok back to t.v. that was my two cents for the night.

No $hit! Years ago I was at a local food store by where I live. There was a guy in his full uniform staning in line looking around to see who was looking at him. I told my wife to go over and ask him if he was a Flight Attendant!

I mean...............Come on! Get a life..................:D

You can have both. The long trench coat is much more functional than that ridiculous leather eyesore. The trench coat covers you down past the knees. The leather only covers from the waist up. When I'm preflighting a plane in Halifax in the middle of January, I'd prefer for my legs to be warm also.

Trench coat is a better option. But it doesn't seem to be in fashion anymore. It was in the '80s.

Did you bet your buddy how many replies you could get on this topic?? I am officially nominating you for "Flightinfo tool of the year." Too bad you couldnt have posted this a few days from now and you'd have a commanding lead in 2007...............

what I was thinking.

Here's To You, Mr. Flight Info Tool of The Year

why thank you!

Did you bet your buddy how many replies you could get on this topic?? I am officially nominating you for "Flightinfo tool of the year." Too bad you couldnt have posted this a few days from now and you'd have a commanding lead in 2007...............
Well, I just noticed some pretty pissed off people at the airports when the subject was brought up, seemed like a fun thing to do when i started this topic, oh, and by the way, i was also making a point about how some people have rediculous notions about our jobs.

Well...I do have to agree. The flexfit bottoms are pretty gay.

I hear the APAAD wants a new uniform standard for age 60+ captains...

Capes, scepters, or maybe even both!

Trench coat is a better option. But it doesn't seem to be in fashion anymore. It was in the '80s.

Same guys who love the trench coat, love their Members Only jackets even more.

Judging from the folks that I sit next to on SWA flights,... and the way they dress,... I'm guessing that they really don't care if the pilot has a leather jacket. Let's face it: if the flight attendants have to ask the pax to put their shirts back on, it's probably a moot point.

Judging from the folks that I sit next to on SWA flights,...

Gotta call you out on this BS, I don't think a United pilot could afford Southwest fares.

Latest resources

Back