• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You really don't look professional in your leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More than what coats pilots wear and the impression they make......how about some of the really stupid stickers I see on some flight bags. I have seen

1. "Crashing sucks". (Oh, thanks for telling us - we didn't know. Why would a pilot have that on thoier flight bag for the public to see. I guess he thinks it's funny.

2. Various stickers from unions with some sort of cute motto that the public is baffled and confused by.

3. Various political stickers (why put on a flight bag?)

4. "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going". The passenger at that pilot's airline who happens to be getting on one of their Airbusses is wondering what the pilot knows that he doesn't.

5. ..a bunch more stupid stickers that you guys can add to the list that only serve as an embarrassment to pilots in general.

Here's one -- I saw a pilot in his nice little traditional uniform and Ralph Kramden hat, carrying a backpack....with a skate board sticking out of it.

More than what coats pilots wear and the impression they make......how about some of the really stupid stickers I see on some flight bags. I have seen

1. "Crashing sucks".

2. Various stickers from unions with some sort of cute motto that the public is baffled and confused by.

3. Various political stickers (why put on a flight bag?)

4. "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going"....

Oh, this could be a good thread!

"I will work for hundreds of thousands of dollars" (Old sticker from before 9/11)

All kinds of "Jesus" stickers. (Just what the public wants to see on their pilots bag.)

Last edited:
Seen in DTW: "I Gained 30 Pounds! Ask me How!"

In FLL: "My Other Bag Is Worse"

Somewhere else: "Are We There Yet?"

If you need a trench coat to do a walk around in Halifax you are a wussy. I did walk-arounds in Minot for 3 yrs with just a flt. suit. I was too poor for a coat. I still have all my fingers a toes too.

If you need a trench coat to do a walk around in Halifax you are a wussy. I did walk-arounds in Minot for 3 yrs with just a flt. suit. I was too poor for a coat. I still have all my fingers a toes too.

Yeah but the ramp van followed you around and everytime you wanted to warm up you got in and were served hot cocoa.... Sure it took you 35 mins to do a walk around but your ascot looked great!

Preflights in Iceland during the winter. No trench coat. What's a ramp van? Leather flight jacket was just fine. Never really thought it degraded my professionalism any.

I go from the hotel to the cargo ramp, then to the airplane. Then on the other side of the trip I go from the airplane to the hotel van. If I wear the leather, is that OK?

Im just a freight dog.

I dont think that effects my union negotiations at all.

This is a serious question back at you, I would like to know your view, thanks for the responce.
Don't you know Cargo pilots aren't real professionals. :rolleyes:

I am not sure where you saw ramp vans following military guys on walk-arounds but it wasn't at any unit I worked at. I am sure it was something you imagined while on peyote or smoked salmon in Halifax

All kinds of "Jesus" stickers. (Just what the public wants to see on their pilots bag.)

You never know, it depends on what corner of the country you're in. And why, for fear that they might try to preach to them? (although I know one of yours tried it once). My JESUS sticker is better than your DARWIN sticker! {c;

Latest resources

Back