• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You really don't look professional in your leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I go from the hotel to the cargo ramp, then to the airplane. Then on the other side of the trip I go from the airplane to the hotel van. If I wear the leather, is that OK?

Im just a freight dog.

I dont think that effects my union negotiations at all.

This is a serious question back at you, I would like to know your view, thanks for the responce.

I don't know what kind of leather jacket you guys have, but my longer trench coat with thinsulate lining over my sport coat over my long sleeve shirt over my undershirt... what is that, 5 layers? MUCH warmer than the bomber at PCL ever was, plus it covers some of my legs from the wind in those lovely summer weight wool pants that don't keep you warm for crap (nor were they designed to).

As far as it having any bearing on your ability to negotiate a contract? Put down the crack pipe.

Dude Leather jackets are a freight dog's best friend...You can actually live in one for a week...And they have been known to stop an occasional knife attack at questionable establishments..Besides, the pretty boy look is dead!! Do you look for functionality, or fashion statement when you pick you're garments??

First off--- yes this is flame.

But really ----especially if you wear a blue pants.... You do not look like a professional. You do not look like someone who is ready to command a respectable pay-scale at the bargaining table.

.:uzi:

I guess my cowboy boots and a can of dip in my back pocket doesnt impress you either.

I guess the guys at Fedex failed to negoiate a good contract, because we wear leather jackets with flexie fit bottoms, hahahah we should of worn trench coats so we could hde the baseball bats underneath!!!!

I guess the guys at Fedex failed to negoiate a good contract, because we wear leather jackets with flexie fit bottoms, hahahah we should of worn trench coats so we could hde the baseball bats underneath!!!!

Ah the good old days, when everyone could have passed for a 3rd Reich recruiting poster boy.

Did you bet your buddy how many replies you could get on this topic?? I am officially nominating you for "Flightinfo tool of the year." Too bad you couldnt have posted this a few days from now and you'd have a commanding lead in 2007...............

Nope... Just myself! But I am pleased at the response so far!

skank are you from fly i? im from there just wondering , cause the AC type youve flown,,, if you have a senority list im number 14835

If you think that what you wear while flying a plane equates in your pay or your unions negotiations, you are sadly mistaken.

I think you should start to look at who got you your reduced pay and how that happened. quote]

First off... I have never taken a cut in pay.

Second, as a collective whole, how a group presents itself does in fact play a role in their collective bargaining power. This has been studied and written about. I will concede that it may be a minute effect, but it still is in fact an effect.

I will even concede that many pilots look worse than the typical bomber jacket wearer... Just the other day I saw a bald pilot who remaining hair was down to his shoulders---- I smiled when I saw it because it was so freeing to have no hope for someone. BUT.. I did not start this thread to talk about the plight of stylistically challenged pilots in general.....Just those of you who look like tools in your Flexi bottom Jackets

Latest resources

Back