• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You really don't look professional in your leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't wear the leather jacket because the damn thing costs nearly $400.

I wear the trench coat because its paid for, but before every trip, I have to do a cost/benefit analysis to determine whether or not its worth it to drag the trench around for a single ORD walk-around. I need at least two cold walkarounds for it to be worth it.

Other than that, I would wear shorts and a t-shirt to this JOB if I could.

oh, and while we are at it....No stinkin' hat.

First off--- yes this is flame.

But really ----especially if you wear a blue pants.... You do not look like a professional. You do not look like someone who is ready to command a respectable pay-scale at the bargaining table.

There have been many books written on how to dress for success, and I am pretty sure that you would be hard pressed to find the section: How to command respect from the world while wearing a leather bomber jacket with a flexi-fit bottom.

I, for one, feel that how we present ourselves impacts what type of results we get at the negotiating table..... I know, I know, here comes the part where someone points out that SWA guys make a bunch of money (for a post 9\11 world). Well, they also have never had any set backs financially, and I would attribute this more to their management than to their Leather Jackets.

Yes, I did in fact start this thread to flame bait you......But I also think you look silly.:uzi:

Two words - "Passionate Apathy"

First off--- yes this is flame.

But really ----especially if you wear a blue pants.... You do not look like a professional. You do not look like someone who is ready to command a respectable pay-scale at the bargaining table.

There have been many books written on how to dress for success, and I am pretty sure that you would be hard pressed to find the section: How to command respect from the world while wearing a leather bomber jacket with a flexi-fit bottom.

I, for one, feel that how we present ourselves impacts what type of results we get at the negotiating table..... I know, I know, here comes the part where someone points out that SWA guys make a bunch of money (for a post 9\11 world). Well, they also have never had any set backs financially, and I would attribute this more to their management than to their Leather Jackets.

Yes, I did in fact start this thread to flame bait you......But I also think you look silly.:uzi:

Ouch. I wonder what you think of a person that wears a leather bomber jacket, flys at the aquiring airline, and has no college degree.

Dude!

Iz it jus me, butz I likes da hat, da leather, and likes no underoooskis!

I gotz to put dat uni back on an like go backs to da mall.

Latest resources

Back