• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You really don't look professional in your leather jacket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try this. Show up and tell them how much the pay and benefits suck, the schedules suck, the CEO is Lorenzo Jr, and the Chief Pilot is an ***********************************. Good luck with your interview.

Function over fashion

You can have both. The long trench coat is much more functional than that ridiculous leather eyesore. The trench coat covers you down past the knees. The leather only covers from the waist up. When I'm preflighting a plane in Halifax in the middle of January, I'd prefer for my legs to be warm also.

The pioneer Air Line Pilots wore leather.

Pan Am pilots didn't have stripes on thier sleeves. They wore hats to signify rank and postion.

I think the stripes look rediculous. Walking down the terminal we look like Micheal Jackson arriving in Narita!

Fact is with the leather jacket, more and more airlines are adopting them as uniform options or standard. UAL, AMR, CAL, NWA, FedEx, even UPS has brown leather....

Change is here....

I haven't heard of any bonifide gripe from the passengers the leather is bad. Besides I thought the pax didn't care....

So more airlines adopt the leather and the pax don't care.... sounds like some people aren't moving along with the industry.....

First off--- yes this is flame.

But really ----especially if you wear a blue pants.... You do not look like a professional. You do not look like someone who is ready to command a respectable pay-scale at the bargaining table.

There have been many books written on how to dress for success, and I am pretty sure that you would be hard pressed to find the section: How to command respect from the world while wearing a leather bomber jacket with a flexi-fit bottom.

I, for one, feel that how we present ourselves impacts what type of results we get at the negotiating table..... I know, I know, here comes the part where someone points out that SWA guys make a bunch of money (for a post 9\11 world). Well, they also have never had any set backs financially, and I would attribute this more to their management than to their Leather Jackets.

Yes, I did in fact start this thread to flame bait you......But I also think you look silly.:uzi:

Do any of the CNCs out there wear the leather jacket at the negotiating table?

You can have both. The long trench coat is much more functional than that ridiculous leather eyesore. The trench coat covers you down past the knees. The leather only covers from the waist up. When I'm preflighting a plane in Halifax in the middle of January, I'd prefer for my legs to be warm also.

The trench coat looks stupid. What do you have a couple of 12 guage shotguns under that coat you are trying to hide. It also looks as if you are trying to be in a old cowboy western. Hell why dont you put on some spurs to go with that trench coat cowboy.

Ok Dick Tracy, you can wear a thong if you care to, but don't RAGG on my leathers. Besides in the freightdog world, I have yet to see anyone wearing trenchcoats...

First off--- yes this is flame.

But really ----especially if you wear a blue pants.... You do not look like a professional. You do not look like someone who is ready to command a respectable pay-scale at the bargaining table.

There have been many books written on how to dress for success, and I am pretty sure that you would be hard pressed to find the section: How to command respect from the world while wearing a leather bomber jacket with a flexi-fit bottom.

I, for one, feel that how we present ourselves impacts what type of results we get at the negotiating table..... I know, I know, here comes the part where someone points out that SWA guys make a bunch of money (for a post 9\11 world). Well, they also have never had any set backs financially, and I would attribute this more to their management than to their Leather Jackets.

Yes, I did in fact start this thread to flame bait you......But I also think you look silly.:uzi:

You must be the guy I see at restaurants on overnights wearing a trenchcoat with jeans and bright white tennis shoes looking at their watch trying to finish a beer because it is 12:05 until their show time...TOOL

Latest resources

Back