Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pax need to be screened to get on, not off. I would've gone to the FBO, deplaned and worried about rescreening in the am. Then performed obligatory carpet dance later.

What the heck was this crew thinking? Ive done this before, winter storm in CLE ice moved in and MU wouldnt allow us to land, headed to alt. after talking to dx, landed, nobody around. Headed to FBO, called dx, got fuel, deiced, loaded plane 3 hours later to head to cle. Now i know i am a stupid GIA grad, and I fly a 1900, and I cant make decsions! How is it that I was able to figure all this out, and myself and company made the right calls organized TSA to meet the pax at the plane in CLE and clear them. Why dont captains take more responsibilty and make a decision? But I know, I know, GIA causes all accidents, poor pilots, and I bought job and blah blah blah. How the hell is it that i can do all this at just over 900 hours pic 121, first year in the ne winter ops, and others cant figure out to think on their own? Great book called Milkshake Moment I suggested all captains read it! wow want a rant!

What the heck was this crew thinking? Ive done this before, winter storm in CLE ice moved in and MU wouldnt allow us to land, headed to alt. after talking to dx, landed, nobody around. Headed to FBO, called dx, got fuel, deiced, loaded plane 3 hours later to head to cle. Now i know i am a stupid GIA grad, and I fly a 1900, and I cant make decsions! How is it that I was able to figure all this out, and myself and company made the right calls organized TSA to meet the pax at the plane in CLE and clear them. Why dont captains take more responsibilty and make a decision? But I know, I know, GIA causes all accidents, poor pilots, and I bought job and blah blah blah. How the hell is it that i can do all this at just over 900 hours pic 121, first year in the ne winter ops, and others cant figure out to think on their own? Great book called Milkshake Moment I suggested all captains read it! wow want a rant!

Yes you're the greatest. You should immediately be promoted to 777 Captain with your 900 PIC.

Reread post #57

Last edited:
Ask any dispatcher...we've all seen cases where the captain (again, I emphasize, in a non-emergency/WX situation) gets a little overzealous in making an authoritative decision and goes straight for the first available strip of concrete...with no available services at that airport... when everything they need and more is 20nm up the road.

Ask any Pilot..we've all seen cases where the dispatchers gives us one of those great alternates on the other side of the 300 mile long line of Thunderstorms that has all the great services available but then doesn't let us know on how he was planning for us to get there.

You guys can Monday morning quarterback this crap for another 3 pages, fact is, none of us were there and therefore have no idea what was tried or what went down!

No common sense

TSA in this case is a good example of how health care will work should the Dem's get what they want. Common sense will not apply, it will be all regulation, with a big hammer dropped on nayone who does not follow the regs to a fault.

Last edited:
TSA in this case is a good example of how health care will work should the Dem's get what they want. Common sense will not apply, it will be all regulation, with a big hammer dropped on nayone who does not follow the regs to a fault.

Really? You are blaming TSA? Health care? Really?! Don't you have a town hall meeting to interrupt?

Common Sense

Really? You are blaming TSA? Health care? Really?! Don't you have a town hall meeting to interrupt?
Common Sense would have let them taxi over to the FBO and unlaod the passengers, but there would be such severe penalites for that action that it was not attempted.

Latest resources

Back