Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were jetways available and people to run them. No need for ladders, etc....

The airport offered the facilities, Delta offered services and a bus! The crew denied them because they had get-there-itis and wanted the pax onboard to wait in case they got cleared to go. The story that nobody was there or that it was a TSA issue just are not true. THAT is what makes it even worse.

I see you have never flown large transport category aircraft,

And?

The 727 is a nice bird, but that jet lust wears off in about 12 to 17 seconds.

Have fun with that pal. Ill take my six figure income (after taxes) made while flying an underpowered turboprop. (And over 4 months off a year)

Keep on poking your head in that weather with pax on board, "she'll make it through"....

Next......

Unfortunately that link didn't show a snapshot of the radar when they diverted. I really would like to see what they were up against.

Well you can see they had to divert around one storm on the way, over Iowa. Looks to me as though the dispatcher just planned the route up to MSP and didnt even try to plan for going around the thunderstorms en route. "Maybe" if they had planned to go around the storm on the west side and enter MSP from the north they'd have made it in. But it's pure specualtion at this point.

XJT seems to take off no matter what. When SWA is not leaving HOU for DAL but XJT does from IAH DAL then holds for 2 hours with a DVRT to Waco it makes you think. Massive lines of Texas T-storms but good ol XJT takes off. I mean serious do you have Captains or does ops run you? I have seen it over and over here in Texas. So this "incident" does not surprise me.
I couldn't agree more.
I've seen some spineless captains at the regional level who are affraid of a phone call from the CP.
They also know if they get in trouble with the CP's, there is no way ALPO can help them or save their jobs.

I have only worked for one regional. I have NEVER felt pressured to fly sick, fatigued, no APU...whatever. Not afraid to talk to a chief. I guess I take my company for granted.

I've dealt with a similar situation as what happened in RST twice as a Capt. Was not a big deal and had support from Dispatch, ASA, and Delta.

I just don't understand how this happened. There HAS to be more to the story.

I have only worked for one regional. I have NEVER felt pressured to fly sick, fatigued, no APU...whatever. Not afraid to talk to a chief. I guess I take my company for granted.

I've dealt with a similar situation as what happened in RST twice as a Capt. Was not a big deal and had support from Dispatch, ASA, and Delta.

I just don't understand how this happened. There HAS to be more to the story.

I think it depends on the exact circumstances. I've dealt with a similar situation once, but unfortunately did not receive as much support as you describe, despite burning both my and my FO's cellphone batteries dry. I worked out a solution on my own, but sometimes the circumstances just suck.

Glad to hear it. My former regional's CP called me and chewed me out because I dared delay a flight to take a piss and get something to eat. We had a 5:30am show at a hotel with no breakfast, and 10 minute turns (on underblocked legs) on a no-lav/no-galley 1900 until 2pm. "You have a three-hour break in the afternoon; you can eat lunch and dinner then," he said.

And he genuinely couldn't understand why we were pushing for a union. :angryfire

Latest resources

Back