Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spent 11 hrs in the back of an F9 Airbus a few years back. Could not get in to Denver so diverted to Colorado Springs. They had no gates there. One guy was toted off by medics after awhile. Could not handle being in the tube for long. Toilets backed up. They had to open the doors to allow fresh air in. After many hours on the ramp I asked an FA how about a hotel for the night. She actually said they had a schedule to keep. Then a tow bar could not be found to handle the bus since the bus did not operate there. Several of us offered to push the thing. Actually we were going to make a run for it if we got off. I think they sensed this in that our offer was refused. Eventually the weather cleared and we got to Denver. Not alot of fun people. Not at all.

4 words "I'm declaring an emergency!" End of discussion. At that point the ground ops and or airport authority can deal with the BS.

It becomes a TSA deal more than anything, to let pax out, not where there ticket says it should be.

I find that hard to believe.

Maybe you're thinking about letting them back on after they've left the aircraft.

Everyone could of been re-ticketed, and baggage rescanned in the morning.
XJT crew failed their pax.

It becomes a TSA deal more than anything, to let pax out, not where there ticket says it should be.

Thats not right. Ive diverted to Non air-carrier airports and let people out. we cant hold passengers hostage. It's probably a felony. Lets see, kidnapping and hostage taking. Mmm... not good. In my 2 cases of this we told people they could leave whenever they want but they would be on their own to get to XXX airport. Most said ok and left. no problem. a few stayed and we got em liquored up.

Captains should be Captains and do the right thing.

rule #1. If whatever youre doing ends up on CNN or Fox News, you probably screwed up.

There was only 1 guy up front on that flight. CA was a Girl.
Woman trying to do a man's job in a man's world, what do you expect?

guy

1 /gaɪ/ [gahy] noun, verb, guyed, guy⋅ing.
–noun
1. Informal. a man or boy; fellow: He's a nice guy.
2. Usually, guys. Informal. persons of either sex; people: Could one of you guys help me with this?

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Did the aircraft have stairs pulled up to it? The XJT ERJ has no airstairs so it requires ground personnel. Its a little high to jump out. It can be done but its probably a little hazardous for anyone over the age of 30.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back