Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Did the aircraft have stairs pulled up to it? The XJT ERJ has no airstairs so it requires ground personnel. Its a little high to jump out. It can be done but its probably a little hazardous for anyone over the age of 30.

Go Screw! I'm 34 and I would have jumped, face-first, onto the pavement rather than be stuck on that plane for 9 hours. I would have found a set of stairs in less than 9 hours....s$%t I would have built a set in less than 9 hours.....I would have been calling every news agency I could get a hold of from the back of that plane. I probably would have called 911 and told them I was being held against my will.....grow a set...

The pax need to be screened to get on, not off. I would've gone to the FBO, deplaned and worried about rescreening in the am. Then performed obligatory carpet dance later.

The pax need to be screened to get on, not off. I would've gone to the FBO, deplaned and worried about rescreening in the am. Then performed obligatory carpet dance later.

Or better yet, let them off the airplane and put them on a bus to MSP, I don't think it's much more than an hour drive.

I wonder if the crew got paid for 12hrs of block? Nice way to inflate the pay check.

I wonder what kind of decision would have been made 35 years ago?

Heyas,

I usually ignore comments on the paper's web site for articles like this, but one guy had it right: this flight, from beginning to end, was marketed as a Continental flight...ticket was bought on a CAL website, a credit card bill from CAL, and checked in with a CAL agent. IMHO, to wind up on on an RJ operated by the lowest bidder is a bait and switch.

If it operates on the code, it should be required to be flown on the certificate. That would go along way to fixing this kind of crap.

Nu

Heyas,

I usually ignore comments on the paper's web site for articles like this, but one guy had it right: this flight, from beginning to end, was marketed as a Continental flight...ticket was bought on a CAL website, a credit card bill from CAL, and checked in with a CAL agent. IMHO, to wind up on on an RJ operated by the lowest bidder is a bait and switch.

If it operates on the code, it should be required to be flown on the certificate. That would go along way to fixing this kind of crap.

Nu

Yeah....this kinda thing never happens on a "real" airplane with "real" pilots....:rolleyes:
http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/200...10-proof-we-need-a-passengers-bill-of-rights/

These Delta passengers were only held hostage for 8 hours...but is was on "big" airplane.

Last edited:
Best solution ever! No more subsideries! All work done when buying a CAL, DAL, AA, UA, etc ticket MUST be done by the certificate holder! Now there is something to write your congressman about!!

^^^^^^^Yes

How about 121 carriers can not have alternates listed on the paperwork that will not have full services (TSA included) available if they have to divert.......might have to leave a few bags/pax and add fuel to get a suitable alternate.....wait never mind this is the airlines, lets do it the cheapest way possible.

This is an embarrassment for XJT....

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Did the aircraft have stairs pulled up to it? The XJT ERJ has no airstairs so it requires ground personnel. Its a little high to jump out. It can be done but its probably a little hazardous for anyone over the age of 30.

Knowing this why go to KRST? Your D O A with no ops no nothing.

I just have trouble believing that with a plane load of people and 3 crew members, there was not 1 person assertive enough to get anything done.

Latest resources

Back