Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like the main problem here was the airport authorities not letting passengers off. They could have kept them in the terminal inside of security.

XJT seems to take off no matter what. When SWA is not leaving HOU for DAL but XJT does from IAH DAL then holds for 2 hours with a DVRT to Waco it makes you think. Massive lines of Texas T-storms but good ol XJT takes off. I mean serious do you have Captains or does ops run you? I have seen it over and over here in Texas. So this "incident" does not surprise me.

Did anyone notice in the story that Continental is referring ALL questions directly to ExpressJet? OUCH!

Did anyone notice in the story that Continental is referring ALL questions directly to ExpressJet? OUCH!

I can't stand how mainline carriers do everything to make it look like regionals are part of mainline.. until something bad happens.

Hey Continental, you contracted them, you sold the tickets on them, and your Continental Airlines passengers are riding on them.... man up and take the blame. If your regionals aren't performing to par, its your fault.

Didn't the pax on the Jetblue flight sue when they could not get off after being stuck on that plane for over 8 hrs? I would expect something like this from some other regionals-not XJT.

There should be a limit to this kind of crap. It seems like up to 2 hours stranded on an aircraft should be the max and then a mandate to deplane should be triggered. I think the Captain should have made a command decision and let the people off.

No way would I be kept on that plane all night. There is a way to get off and it was not done. Any pax could have used the method I am thinking of and ALL then would come off.

Why didn't the captain just opening the main door for "air" if anyone walked off then so be it. They just could not get back on. And no, this is not my method of getting off.

This is why "jets" need to be taken away from the feeders.

Same thing has happened at Continental, Delta, JetBlue, American, United etc... This did not happen just because it was a regional.

(though I agree I would rather see these jobs at a mainline!)

Latest resources

Back