Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey "Spartacus" Rob,

How's that GRR commute working out?

When you jump on NWA, you always tell the captain how screwed-up you think NWA pilots are...right?

Check back in a month or so and let me know if it's going any better for you...

Take a deep breath and chill. You should live those words written by Mark Twain that you have there, instead of threatening to yank someone's jumpseat.

He never stated that NWA tanked the other airlines, you did.

Take a deep breath and chill. You should live those words written by Mark Twain that you have there, instead of threatening to yank someone's jumpseat.

Tell you what. I'll live by the words on my avatar because I put 'em up there. Rob's gonna have to live by the words he put up here too. Perhaps he'll write these comments (from post #57 on this thread) on the back of his XCM form next time he commutes to/from GRR or DTW:

"You know that given your own devices you'll sell your souls to keep your jobs,....Please don't try to make your MEC's effort out to be anything more than it is.....a failed attempt to handle a situation that they lost control of years ago....Once your top guys start looking out for your junior guys, I'll believe you might have a sincere interest in looking out for your regionals."

He never stated that NWA tanked the other airlines, you did.

I'm not afraid to tell my own pilots where I think we succeeded, and where we've failed. But I'm not an outsider (like this SWA guy) with no skin in the game...that writes this:

"...the top guys will continue to sacrifice the junior guys in order to save what has already been lost. .... The only people to blame for the NWA pilots wages is the NWA pilots. It's that simple."

Think I'll hear this from him when I fly into GRR on Wednesday?

"Hey, Captain Sell-Out...can I ride your jumpseat?"

I know he doesn't speak for all SWA pilots. He speaks for himself. The few folks on this Forum who know who I am also know that what I post here is what I've posted elsewhere under my own name...and spoken in person (although I tend to use more expletives in person). WYSIWYG.

I wonder if that's true for him?

No jihad. No jumpseat war. Just a pointed question: Why would want to ride the jumpseat of a pilot group you think is a bunch of sell-outs?

No jihad. No jumpseat war. Just a pointed question: Why would you want to ride the jumpseat of a pilot group you think is a bunch of sell-outs?
OH! OH! I know this one...

'Cause it's the quickest way home?

Funny how people are never as ballsy in person as they are on this forum? Pretty easy to sling mud from behind the cover of anonymity.

;)

Hey Razor,

Take a pill dude. This is a forum to voice your opinions, not have a stroke. Try drinking more and typing less, you'll live longer.

-Spartacus

Last edited:
The Northwest PILOTS had a choice as to whether they would pass that crap TA or hold out for something better. They folded. Just left me shaking my head. There was no reason to start Compass at all. It should have been kept in house at the same payscale. Unfortunately they took the first company offer. Are any of the pilots suprised that management is taking a HUGE bonus over this? The writing has been on the wall since you inked that deal.

Since Occam's Razor has been so vocal about identifying another member of this board, let's all hear his real name. I don't recall hearing a valid arguement contradicting any of the statements about the TA the NWA pilots signed, only rationalization. Please identify yourself and explain exactly why your last concessionary deal created Compass and further aggrevated the whip saw within your airlinks.

Derisive . . . RECENTLY derisive.

Razor,

Now that I'm sober, I've re-read your post. Wow! If your going to threaten me, at least do it with something I need. I haven't commuted on NWA to DTW since 9-11. Driving was more reliable. Taking away my jumpseat is like taking away Christopher Reeves dancing shoes. Now if you really want to fire me up, take away my remote control. That would get me out of my lazy boy for sure. Anyway, just thought I would help with future threats.

Take care...

-Spartacus

P.S. On a serious note...after investing almost a decade of my life at XJ, at a minimum that gives me the right to have an opinion. Even though I'm gone, I still care about what happens to those still flying there. Believe it or not, you don't stop caring about your family members once you move out of the house. Now those are the last sober words your going to hear. And on that note, I'm going back to my bottle of Jack Daniels. Peace out.......

Last edited:
The real comical thing is the NWA MEC decides to put off dealing with the wholly owned mesaba issue. Rather than force a confrontation now, they choose to put it off until a more strategic time. However, I would like to point out that when they finally do file the petition, NWA will have the choice of either liquidating mesaba or giving the mesaba pilots mainline seniority. Both scenarios are extremely unlikely, instead NWA will comply with the contract and compass will disappear. The pilots currently leaving other jobs to go to compass will soon find themselves out of a job. Right now, that could be tens of pilots. However, by the time ALPA gets around to it, it could be hundreds.

Latest resources

Back