• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ to get 17 CRJ200's from 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi this is John Spanjers and today is Thursday, April 26, 2007.

After Mesaba emerged from Chapter 11 protection this week, we received further good news concerning our fleet. As you know, two years ago, Mesaba geared up to operate 15 of the CRJ200s, but Northwest halted delivery of those planes after Northwest filed for bankruptcy. Today, I am pleased to announce that Northwest is reassigning 15 CRJ200 aircraft, currently operated by Pinnacle Airlines, to Mesaba.

In addition, Mesaba will continue to operate the one CRJ200 currently in our fleet and, in the near future, will also receive the CRJ200 currently operated by Compass Airlines, for a total of 17 CRJ200 aircraft.

We’re still working out the details as to when the first additional CRJ200 is to be delivered and obviously, we’ll need to hire additional pilots, flight attendants and mechanics. We hope to have more information shortly on each of these fronts.

Most notably, this addition to our fleet is a real credit to each of you. Your consistent commitment to excellence, even through difficult times, has demonstrated to Northwest that we can deliver high-quality, cost-effective service. Thank you.

We’ll update this number again next week and I encourage you to check MyMesaba for other company news in the meantime. Thanks for calling.​

9e cant handle the 15 aircraft, Mesaba will be lucky to handle the 17 more on top of the 36. The saabs with red paint will be flown by MMMMMMMMMMMMMessssssba!!!!

Is this really any surprise to anyone other than the ALPA cheerleaders? Whipsaw works folks.... ALPA doesn't.....

Management is playing Chess, while ALPA plays checkers......

Joe-

As much as you like to sh!t where you eat and bite the hand that feeds you, I don't think the Pinnacle boyz are worried too much about the jets going to XJ. In fact, after all the crap the XJ's guys went thru, they can have the jets. If it brings some positives to the job, then good for them.

I don't mind working with the XJ guys to bring out positive change... What I do mind is trying to enjoy my meal all the while having to take nasty chunks of RJDC out of my mouth as I try to chew.....

ALPA is Joe Merchants personal career servant. When he is done sueing the organization and sucking our dues money, the rest of us, all 59,999 of us can have a shot....

Joe-

As much as you like to sh!t where you eat and bite the hand that feeds you, I don't think the Pinnacle boyz are worried too much about the jets going to XJ. In fact, after all the crap the XJ's guys went thru, they can have the jets. If it brings some positives to the job, then good for them.

I don't mind working with the XJ guys to bring out positive change... What I do mind is trying to enjoy my meal all the while having to take nasty chunks of RJDC out of my mouth as I try to chew.....

ALPA is Joe Merchants personal career servant. When he is done sueing the organization and sucking our dues money, the rest of us, all 59,999 of us can have a shot....

Didn't take long for Herndon's lap dog to come out and wave the ALPA flag... How is that Woerth/McClain/Wychor "Brand Scope" BS working out for those of you in the RedTail family?

Save your snake oil pitch for some naive new hire who may believe it.....

By the way, ALPA isn't the "hand that feeds me". My job is what pays to feed me. Industry leading payrates and workrules are of NO USE if my job is outsourced.

I wonder if these aircraft will be the ones outfitted with the mud tires. ;)
Hopefully these will not have the "auto flap deploy mod" that 327 arrived with.

My source is the mesaba employee website. We are supposed to fly the saabs at least until the end of 2010 or 2011 (some one who knows for sure chime in) so I don't think that they are replacing anything. They're just parking 9e's airplanes with us to try to get their pilots to take a sh***y contract.

I couldn't agree more. How about this scenerio....(feel free to correct misinformation as I speculate)

What about a 3 way whipsaw? Park the Jets at 9E....pull the Saabs that Pinnacle owns and leases to XJ and fly them on the Colgan (9L) certificate, whic already has Saabs on the certificate. After the Saabs are all gone and the XJ "jets are on their way", put them back on the Compass start up certificate....which apparently has no aircraft on the certificate because it was "given" to XJ.

Comments????

Please add..

V1

I have always thought of Mesaba as a good company (in terms of its employees and operations), but this is yet another step downhill for the careers of regional pilots. This event had nothing do with the pilot group, but just classic NWA management. How is it that one ALPA carrier directly takes flying from another ALPA carrier when it already has a bunch of shiny new DC-9 replacements (with F.O.'s getting paid 30-seat t-prop rates I might add)? Good luck to all the NWAirlink pilots.

Latest resources

Back