Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: XJ to get 17 CRJ200's from (E

The MEC then discussed and voted on the following Agenda Items:

Agenda Item 16: (Single Carrier Status): The MEC directs the NWA MEC Chairman to use all appropriate resources in coordination and conjunction with the ALPA Leadership at Mesaba and Compass Airlines to petition for Single Carrier Status for NWA, Mesaba, and Compass with the National Mediation Board (NMB) at the most strategically appropriate time, and that the NWA MEC Chairman will report back to the MEC on the progress of the discussions and coordination with the Mesaba Leadership and Compass Leadership (when it exists) relative to the petition by no later than the 4Q (December) 2007 MEC meeting. Deferred until 4Q 2007 Meeting

All this is saying is that the NWA MEC is filing to bring Compass into ALPA when it comes on line. It has nothing to do with a single seniority list.

When the NWA MEC files a PID, ALPA will actually be taking legitimate steps toward addressing the whipsaw/alter ego debacle it created. But this is just blowing smoke for the benefit of Mesaba pilots like the Brand Scope fantasy 6 years ago.

Last edited:
Re: SJ to get 17 CRJ200's from 9E

Well, ALPA attorneys told the Comair and ASA MECs exactly what Joe said prior to the PID being filed. Are you asserting that ALPA attorneys were being less than candid?

Wow! And yet they still managed to bring a resolution to the EB and BOD regarding a PID. It appears you didn't listen to them. You're grasping at straws here.

A single carrier petition to the NMB only determines who the bargaining agent will be and has nothing to do with a single list according to ALPA attorneys. It's not the same thing as filing a PID petition with ALPA.

NWA70, the predecessor to Compass, was proposed by ALPA long before bankruptcy.

Point?

The point is that you seem to want us to believe Compass came about because of consessionary bargaining in bankruptcy. The fact is that the NWA MEC was shopping that alter ego as NWA70 well before the bankruptcy so they could put furloughees in the seats.

I don't think you're just dense. I think you're disingenuous and knowingly misleading Mesaba pilots who visit here.

Last edited:
Well, no worries about PCL LOA 21.

Just announced today PCL will start operating 90 seat CRJ's for Delta beginning in November.

They will therefore not suffer a "net loss" of aircraft substantial enough and timely enough to trigger the LOA.

Everybody wins. :)

Congrats, Pinnacle guys. Do you guys have a 90-seat rate? I hope this helps your negotiations.

Good news: You're getting away from NW.
Bad news: You're flying for Delta. . . ;)

Congrats, Pinnacle guys. Do you guys have a 90-seat rate? I hope this helps your negotiations.

No current rate above 59 seats. One will have to be negotiated. The Company and the Association have until 30 day prior to operation to make a deal or it goes to an arbitrator.

No current rate above 59 seats. One will have to be negotiated. The Company and the Association have until 30 day prior to operation to make a deal or it goes to an arbitrator.

Make a deal on a payrate only, right? Not the whole enchilada.

Razor,

The only time that mainline has ever cared about it's regional partners is when they finally realized they were a threat. This isn't a move out of solidarity, it's out of self preservation. You guys wanting a single list is like me telling my wife to swat cookies out of my hand before I eat them. You know that given your own devices you'll sell your souls to keep your jobs, but with a single seniority list you might not be tempted to do so. Please don't try to make your MEC's effort out to be anything more than it is.....a failed attempt to handle a situation that they lost control of years ago. You need to gain solidarity on your own property before you can effectively unify other groups into your "situation". Once your top guys start looking out for your junior guys, I'll believe you might have a sincere interest in looking out for your regionals.

-Spartacus

Make a deal on a payrate only, right? Not the whole enchilada.

Yes....our contract has provisions on adding new equiptment and negotiations of new payrates.

All this is saying is that the NWA MEC is filing to bring Compass into ALPA when it comes on line. It has nothing to do with a single seniority list.

Get informed. A single carrier petition isn't required to bring Compass into ALPA. NWA ALPA already negotiated that as part of their concessionary agreement. In addition, the NWA MEC was responsible for negotiating the Compass CBA, and they finished all but a couple of items that will likely go to arbitration. Compass is ALPA already. No petition is necessary for that.

Funny how NWA whips around 9E and XJ back and forth, week by week. XJ loses planes, now heres some 9E. 9E loses planes, now heres some 900 we found. Good God

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back