Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. It's the NMB, not NLRB.

My personal favorite is the NRBQ.

2. Single carrier petition would do nothing in this case, as all 3 carriers already are represented by ALPA.

Wrong! It is the first step in integration. The highly-paid RJDC lawyers could tell you that...but it'd cost $1,000. The pilots of Ryan International are too...but it'd take a Single Carrier Status petition to gain recognition for bargaining.

3. I see you pro ALPA guys still believe ALPA will do something to stop the whipsaw.... maybe some "brand scope"... yeah that's the ticket.....

I see you anti-ALPA guys are doing what you do best...squat.

4. Why did ALPA create Compass in the first place?

I think it had something to do with bankruptcy. Usually the simplest answer is the correct one.

5. Golly! My boogers taste salty!

Whoa! You shoulda edited that out!

Ahhh, not so fast there, kemosabe.

Sounds like Jingle Pants just triggered the agreement for 9E pilots to come over to XJ if they want to.

Anyone remember that little gem? It's still in the PCL contract.

XJ just received a windfall of aircraft at the same time PCL suffered a net loss of aircraft (over 10% of their total airframes is substantial).

If I were a PCL CA, I'd take it and run, especially since it looks like you guys may end up with a flow-through with mainline NWA.

You speak of LOA 21. That agreement covered the transaction that occured sometime in the late 90's. As I recall the language allowed for reciprocity in the event the same thing happened to Mesaba. The language does not cover the situation happening again and again to PCL. When the PCL Saab flying and aircraft went to Mesaba, there was nothing covering that in the LOA. There are also no rights for this particular shift in aircraft.

2. Single carrier petition would do nothing in this case, as all 3 carriers already are represented by ALPA.
Wrong! It is the first step in integration.

Well, ALPA attorneys told the Comair and ASA MECs exactly what Joe said prior to the PID being filed. Are you asserting that ALPA attorneys were being less than candid?

4. Why did ALPA create Compass in the first place?
I think it had something to do with bankruptcy. Usually the simplest answer is the correct one.

NWA70, the predecessor to Compass, was proposed by ALPA long before bankruptcy.

http://www.rjdefense.com/2004/nwa70.pdf

Last edited:
You speak of LOA 21. That agreement covered the transaction that occured sometime in the late 90's. As I recall the language allowed for reciprocity in the event the same thing happened to Mesaba.
Your recollection is correct, and the LOA did NOT have an expiration date, so it exists, in perpetuity, until canceled by BOTH sides.

The language does not cover the situation happening again and again to PCL. When the PCL Saab flying and aircraft went to Mesaba, there was nothing covering that in the LOA. There are also no rights for this particular shift in aircraft.
Incorrect. You should contact your MEC chair before you post on it again.

The REASON it wasn't triggered the last two times PCL had a loss of aircraft was simple. It wasn't a direct transfer/loss situation as described clearly in the LOA.

When the Saabs were transferred from PCL to MSA, PCL was STILL GROWING. They didn't suffer a net loss of aircraft while MSA gained aircraft; PCL basically became growth-neutral as CRJ's were added, then continued to grow. Hence, no triggering of LOA 21.

When the 15 CRJ's were removed from service at PCL some time back, they weren't granted to MSA but were, rather, parked in the desert. Again, no growth at MSA at the expense of PCL, hence, no triggering of LOA 21.

NOW, however, we have the perfect combination of events to trigger the LOA. Now it's up to the PCL MEC to decide if they want to enforce that provision and legally notify the MSA MEC of such.

You might want to check with your MEC,,, The ball is in PCL's court and it's completely up to them whether to enforce their rights or not.

I want to add my, PCL earned a bit more respect for standing up and saying hell no are we going to do this anymore. Same thing happeneded at PSA when MGMT wanted to put crj900 on property at 200 rate, the vote was over 80% no by the pilot group. Mesaba stood up also in the recent past and said, no more. enough is enough we will close before we agree to this. in the past years i have personally thought to myself that the old TWA/Pan Am/NWA Orient guys are just laughing in their graves, but no lately they are giving us the ad-a-boys.

Last edited:
sure come on over we gladly accept you and do the right thing unlike when we asked the same while we were shrinking.

Well, ALPA attorneys told the Comair and ASA MECs exactly what Joe said prior to the PID being filed. Are you asserting that ALPA attorneys were being less than candid?

Wow! And yet they still managed to bring a resolution to the EB and BOD regarding a PID. It appears you didn't listen to them.

You're grasping at straws here. You can re-arrange the facts all you want...but the bottom line is you've never been interested in the the "cause" you trumpet. Your want cash. Period.

NWA70, the predecessor to Compass, was proposed by ALPA long before bankruptcy.

Point?

We also proposed 65% FAE, Double-time for over-80 flying, a Flow-Through, Fragmentation that covered our Airlinks, and positve-space commuting.

It's called "negotiation". Sometimes, groups interested in reaching an agreement do it before suing. Ya'll oughta try it sometime!

I have heard rumors on the line about this petition by the NWA MEC for a single seniority list. Where is the proof? Someone post the link, or I will continue to think its a bunch of crap. L8r all

I have heard rumors on the line about this petition by the NWA MEC for a single seniority list. Where is the proof? Someone post the link, or I will continue to think its a bunch of crap. L8r all

And hold your breath 'til you turn blue?:laugh:

Here's a cut from the MEC code-a-phone (800 242-ALPA)

The MEC then discussed and voted on the following Agenda Items:

Agenda Item 16: (Single Carrier Status): The MEC directs the NWA MEC Chairman to use all appropriate resources in coordination and conjunction with the ALPA Leadership at Mesaba and Compass Airlines to petition for Single Carrier Status for NWA, Mesaba, and Compass with the National Mediation Board (NMB) at the most strategically appropriate time, and that the NWA MEC Chairman will report back to the MEC on the progress of the discussions and coordination with the Mesaba Leadership and Compass Leadership (when it exists) relative to the petition by no later than the 4Q (December) 2007 MEC meeting. Deferred until 4Q 2007 Meeting

Good luck to PCL, your always welcome over here if you want. But you have got to be out of your fricken mind to leave pcl with the upgrade time you have on a jet!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back