• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wn/fl!!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're gonna be taking quite a paycut to go to your precious Southwest, buddy.

With your attitude, though... the chances if you making it past the interview are pretty slim. Maybe you can fly for Skybus before they go out. :)

That's true, but I'll have a retirement as well. Besides, a second or third year SWA FO makes more than a 76 Delta guy at year 12 blocking 1000 hours a year.

Have you noticed that when I showed the the General/737 the facts on my pay he shut up. Tell you what General, I'll buy you beers on an overnight if I have to go to DAL. Ha Ha Ha.

After hearing some of the General's buds talk about him the only thing to make it better would be to find out that he actually flew tankers once upon a time.........as a NAV!

Oh yeah!!!

Man, I don't get it. If you blocked 1000 hours a year you would be in the $121K range as an FO on the 767-400. And that's a big IF.

On the other hand....there's your humble government servant here:

Basic pay: 7013 (That's for '08)
Housing: 2306 (That's before a 7.3 proposed raise)
Flight Pay: 840
BAS: 193
Annual Income $149,224

And, did I mention I don't pay much in income taxes...and by the way, I haven't had to pay state taxes in almost 20 years. And my health care is 100% free.

Sorry 737 Pylt....I make more money than you.

Why don't you two meet in the MSP bathroom and compare member sizes?????

That's true, but I'll have a retirement as well. Besides, a second or third year SWA FO makes more than a 76 Delta guy at year 12 blocking 1000 hours a year.

Have you noticed that when I showed the the General/737 the facts on my pay he shut up. Tell you what General, I'll buy you beers on an overnight if I have to go to DAL. Ha Ha Ha.

After hearing some of the General's buds talk about him the only thing to make it better would be to find out that he actually flew tankers once upon a time.........as a NAV!

Nope, never was a NAV in the Military. Never wanted to be in the Military, always just wanted to be the pilot with the highest number of posts on an aviation website. Wait a second, wait, I think, I think I HAVE DONE IT!!!! Su-wheat.

And, if you ever get past the psych and interview at Delta Tanky, I will buy you the third and fifth beers on the layover. Then we can go over the things you have missed and need work on during your IOE I am giving you. Looks like you might need to be re-trained in the sim. No formation flying allowed, and no inflight refueling. Get that through your head PLEASE. And figure out how to call ramp for push too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We'll try this again spanker clown.
I've seen your wages, and yes, that's why I find I find it ironic that you think your wages are higher. Obviously math isn't one of your strong points, much like your flight time and flying ability!
Do us all a favor, don't apply to DL. We'll be much happier without you here, and laughing at the fact that you can't get hired at SWA.
Merry Christmas clown.

I'm your huckleberry.

Nope, never was a NAV in the Military. Never wanted to be in the Military, always just wanted to be the pilot with the highest number of posts on an aviation website. Wait a second, wait, I think, I think I HAVE DONE IT!!!! Su-wheat.

And, if you ever get past the psych and interview at Delta Tanky, I will buy you the third and fifth beers on the layover. Then we can go over the things you have missed and need work on during your IOE I am giving you. Looks like you might need to be re-trained in the sim. No formation flying allowed, and no inflight refueling. Get that through your head PLEASE. And figure out how to call ramp for push too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

B.M. (Ha Ha that's pretty fitting),

That's IF you upgrade. Merger + recession = a decade in the right seat. So, I'm really not sure that another FO can have an FO retrained. Sorry to quickly expose your vast limitations.

I'll but ALL the beers....since I make MORE money than you. Man, for talking a good game you don't make sh!t compared to a AF guy (or a SWA guy on 3rd year pay).

Last edited:
So, ummm, wasn't this thread supposed to be about SWA?

Not to hijack the thread but TC is right. Uncle Sam's beahhhhtches make pretty good dough. The steady 3% per year increase has slowly surpassed most airline pay. All my buds who stayed (and most have)have made O-5 and are making six figures. If you can put up with the b.s., making it a career is a smart move. Having said this, I for one do not regret leaving even with the massive paycut I/we had to endure.

Tanker Clown-

Wait until Hillary Clinton is in office, you'll be lucky to get 3% or even have a job. I remember when Bill came in, less pay increases and more time TDY. The dark years!

I left my AF tanker job this year for Delta and so far I have no regrets. Yeah I took a 60% pay cut, had to work Turkey Day and now X-Mas, but I would have also if I was in the AF. Oh well at least I get to fly a newer jet that is around 15 years old vs 48 years old when I cross the pond oh and don't have to worry about all that other AF BS!

Ask me a few years from now and we'll see what I think. Grass is always greener!

Tanker Clown-

Wait until Hillary Clinton is in office, you'll be lucky to get 3% or even have a job. I remember when Bill came in, less pay increases and more time TDY. The dark years!

I left my AF tanker job this year for Delta and so far I have no regrets. Yeah I took a 60% pay cut, had to work Turkey Day and now X-Mas, but I would have also if I was in the AF. Oh well at least I get to fly a newer jet that is around 15 years old vs 48 years old when I cross the pond oh and don't have to worry about all that other AF BS!

Ask me a few years from now and we'll see what I think. Grass is always greener!

I seriously doubt that the gub'ment would can me. You probably can't get better job security than working for the man. Last time I checked the federal budget only grew.

I'm always happy with a 3% raise. It's better than pay cut! Or the 1.5% that the General will get in Jan. So, I guess with my pay raise I'll the pay gap between me and 737 Pylt will only grow (with the humble gub'ment servant earning more....and being home more.)

I seriously doubt that the gub'ment would can me. You probably can't get better job security than working for the man. Last time I checked the federal budget only grew.

I'm always happy with a 3% raise. It's better than pay cut! Or the 1.5% that the General will get in Jan. So, I guess with my pay raise I'll the pay gap between me and 737 Pylt will only grow (with the humble gub'ment servant earning more....and being home more.)

Sorry to split hairs with you spanky clown, your WAGES are still not higher. Your 3% raise is higher (than our 2%), but if that's what you want to slap hi fives about, then you're right, you're better paid!
Now chop chop, you better get studying for that SWA interview.
Anyone want to take wagers on how many times it takes this dufus to get hired by SWA? :laugh:
Maybe you should practice your real job......"Would you like fries with that coke?":laugh: Judging by your picture, you've had way too many fries anyway!
AMF!

B.M. (Ha Ha that's pretty fitting),

That's IF you upgrade. Merger + recession = a decade in the right seat. So, I'm really not sure that another FO can have an FO retrained. Sorry to quickly expose your vast limitations.

I'll but ALL the beers....since I make MORE money than you. Man, for talking a good game you don't make sh!t compared to a AF guy (or a SWA guy on 3rd year pay).

If I upgrade? I can already hold MD88 Captain easily, but am waiting for a plane I actually WANT to fly. Merger? No actual fiction yet, only talk from hedge funds and some analysts. Recession? Why do you think we are adding INTL routes? And if all of that did happen, you would not be hired because hiring would hault. Why are we still scheduled to hire 600-700 next year? Sounds like growth to me, INTL growth. And, my 9 month seat hold (moving from DOM to INTL 767 has a 9 month hold) is up soon, and you know what that means?

As far as making as much as you do, my wife makes a lot more than I do (Advertising sales VP), so I think WE make more than you do. Have fun, Sarge. Don't be upset that your Fedex dreams, or Southwest dreams are grinding to a hault thanks to age 65. Your options are becoming limited as you continue to live on base for free. You may have to actually try to become a "General." (Our Country would be in sorry shape if you did......) Instead, you will always be "Sarge" to us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back