• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wn/fl!!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey!!!!!!!! Long time no hear....well as 737 Pylt (only as GL). My flight time is a little skewed. About 1100 of it is time in the jump seat (other time).

Maybe I should go to Mesa. If I upgrade pretty quick I could make more there than Delta...I'm assuming that you guys will ask for pay cuts next year when the economy flattens out and SWA starts ripping your all of your domestic customers.

Hope you don't see a world wide recession....then that international expansion will be as dismal as your domestic stuff.

Good luck my friend....and let's try and keep it on the taxi way over the holidays.

SWA is gonna buy the east half of LCC and give them date of hire. Thats a joke, but believe it or not some numbnuts over there probably believe it.

Hey!!!!!!!! Long time no hear....well as 737 Pylt (only as GL). My flight time is a little skewed. About 1100 of it is time in the jump seat (other time).
Wow, impressive. I bet you're really popular hanging out at the malls telling that to all the chicks!

Maybe I should go to Mesa. If I upgrade pretty quick I could make more there than Delta...
Funny, you make fun of our pay, yet its still remarkably more than a tanker pilot makes!

I'm assuming that you guys will ask for pay cuts next year when the economy flattens out and SWA starts ripping your all of your domestic customers.
Funny how you're not even a SWA pilot, and you know so little about their operation, let alone anyone's operation. Stick to that jumpseat, its what youre (supposedly) good at.

Hope you don't see a world wide recession....then that international expansion will be as dismal as your domestic stuff.
Again, you're too funny! Keep em coming, its almost as laughable as your paycheck and total time!

Good luck my friend....and let's try and keep it on the taxi way over the holidays.
Will do, and you make sure to write home for the holidays. It must be tough not being home for Christmas!
Take care cheif!

You should check out my pay scale...it's public record. With housing allowance (which is tax free) and an aviation bonus + flight pay....I probably make a little more than you. Ha Ha Ha. And have you ever known a government employee to ever get a pay cut? Neither have I. It's usually 3% a year raise before the longevity and promotions kick in. Feel free to go online and check out those numbers.

Sorry to dissapoint you about being gone for Christmas. I'm home (again) and will be for months to come. Only spent about 30 days on the road (total) in '07. 5 were fighter drags in and out of the Middle East....so you know what that means.....TAX FREE for 5 months of 2007!!!! Ha! So I make more than you and I pay only a fraction of what you do in taxes. Ho Ho Ho.

You home for Christmas this year?

I agree with the whole SWA buying a legacy game....they can afford it. SWA buying Airtran wouldn't help DL....DL mgmt is in the fetal position thinking that they can compete with 70 seat RJ's against SWA's jets if they come to ATL.....An RJ costs more to operate on a stage length than a 737, no questions there and SWA does a good job filling 737's

The only drawback I see is their all coach domestic product. An all coach international or an all premium international airline has yet to be proven. Business drives much of the international revenue and those guys don't want to be cramed in a cattle car for 8+ hours. Airlines need the revenue first/business class gives them to make many routes work. An all coach domestic product feeding a 2 or 3 class international network won't work either in my opinion. One of the big reasons the plug was pulled on Song.

I agree with you on the futility of using RJs to compete. That may be the silver lining of high fuel costs. It may force management to pull their head out and buy an efficient 100-120 seat aircraft. There are some routes where you'll never be able to run mainline but some of the routes RJ operate on are ridiculous.

You should check out my pay scale...it's public record. With housing allowance (which is tax free) and an aviation bonus + flight pay....I probably make a little more than you. Ha Ha Ha. And have you ever known a government employee to ever get a pay cut? Neither have I. It's usually 3% a year raise before the longevity and promotions kick in. Feel free to go online and check out those numbers.

Sorry to dissapoint you about being gone for Christmas. I'm home (again) and will be for months to come. Only spent about 30 days on the road (total) in '07. 5 were fighter drags in and out of the Middle East....so you know what that means.....TAX FREE for 5 months of 2007!!!! Ha! So I make more than you and I pay only a fraction of what you do in taxes. Ho Ho Ho.

You home for Christmas this year?

We'll try this again spanker clown.
I've seen your wages, and yes, that's why I find I find it ironic that you think your wages are higher. Obviously math isn't one of your strong points, much like your flight time and flying ability!
Do us all a favor, don't apply to DL. We'll be much happier without you here, and laughing at the fact that you can't get hired at SWA.
Merry Christmas clown.

Man, I don't get it. If you blocked 1000 hours a year you would be in the $121K range as an FO on the 767-400. And that's a big IF.

On the other hand....there's your humble government servant here:

Basic pay: 7013 (That's for '08)
Housing: 2306 (That's before a 7.3 proposed raise)
Flight Pay: 840
BAS: 193
Annual Income $149,224

And, did I mention I don't pay much in income taxes...and by the way, I haven't had to pay state taxes in almost 20 years. And my health care is 100% free.

Sorry 737 Pylt....I make more money than you.

Ah 737Pylts Back From his Long Break of being BANNED by the Moderators Not ONCE but TWICE!
You only have One Life Left Bill Better Make it Count!

Ops I forgot you can always Log on under your Other Usernames Scope Out Rj's, Hevey Set or General Lee! Ops I forgot that was a Secret Bill My Bad!

Tanker Clown Don't even Bother wasting your time with MR M. I use to fly with this Fool at the regional levels No one liked him then and No one Likes him Now!

Oh and Nice little Comment Implying that our Military Pilots can't do Math you little fat Turd! what still bothered you couldn't get that Air force Waiver for your Eye's ?

Oh and Tanker Clown a Thousand Thanks isn't enough for the Scrafices Guys like you are making for us all back Home and if your Deployed overseas fly Safe this Holiday.

Last edited:
Man, I don't get it. If you blocked 1000 hours a year you would be in the $121K range as an FO on the 767-400. And that's a big IF.

On the other hand....there's your humble government servant here:

Basic pay: 7013 (That's for '08)
Housing: 2306 (That's before a 7.3 proposed raise)
Flight Pay: 840
BAS: 193
Annual Income $149,224

And, did I mention I don't pay much in income taxes...and by the way, I haven't had to pay state taxes in almost 20 years. And my health care is 100% free.

Sorry 737 Pylt....I make more money than you.
Not to hijack the thread but TC is right. Uncle Sam's beahhhhtches make pretty good dough. The steady 3% per year increase has slowly surpassed most airline pay. All my buds who stayed (and most have)have made O-5 and are making six figures. If you can put up with the b.s., making it a career is a smart move. Having said this, I for one do not regret leaving even with the massive paycut I/we had to endure.

Ah 737Pylts Back From his Long Break of being BANNED by the Moderators Not ONCE but TWICE!
You only have One Life Left Bill Better Make it Count!

Ops I forgot you can always Log on under your Other Usernames Scope Out Rj's, Hevey Set or General Lee! Ops I forgot that was a Secret Bill My Bad!

Tanker Clown Don't even Bother wasting your time with MR M. I use to fly with this Fool at the regional levels No one liked him then and No one Likes him Now!

Oh and Nice little Comment Implying that our Military Pilots can't do Math you little fat Turd! what still bothered you couldn't get that Air force Waiver for your Eye's ?

Wow! Is our little Irish friend not little at all? I've never seen him but a fat guy with glasses makes sense. I've heard from all the people that know him that he's a turd. I hear that he is even a new hire mentor at Delta. Ha ha ha ha ha. Man, if he gets a retired AF guy maybe the AF guy can treat him to a Slim Fast...especially since the AF guy just finished making more money.

Sorry General/737...the numbers are what they are. We all pay our dues...just sometimes paying your dues pays more (like in the AF) than it does as a senior FO (like at Delta).

Latest resources

Back