• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

Oh jeez old man... Who the fu#k cares! Life is WAY too short. Get a hobby.

I know the type. The captain that points out of this small sh!t and the polite FO's give a nice chuckle and then look out their window for the rest for the flight thinking "Where can I access that no-fly with list?"

That's usually how I handle this situation. Seriously.

Who cares?

Not me. Like others wrote, it's just not that important. Personally, I don't use "with you" or "on board" or "checking in," but I couldn't give a flying F if someone else does.

I'm with you, MACH, you magnificent ba$!ard! Matter of fact, the next time a controller says "welcome aboard", or "see ya later", or "good flight" I'm going to ask him to cut the chat and give me his initials.

We need to shape up so as to be more professional. Anyone who enjoys himself at work and has the nerve to actually sound like it should be sent to pro standards.

You are a beacon to the rest of us. I no one believes that I'm sure if they ask you you'd tell them. Stay the course!

EDIT: I don't understand why we even check in at all, actually. I mean, they did accept the hand off. They know that we know what they know. It's so hard working with these inferior minds, isn't it?

checking in with this thread:
Mach 80 you sound like one of those Comair captains that thinks they know everything. I just hope someday you relize your FO's response of "never thought of that" is him thinking I hear it from the other 56,000 "pro" pilots, whats the big deal.
Its guys like you that b!tch about everything inculding other people's phraseology that forced me to leave Comair.
This maybe something to think about next time your shoving your all knowing insight down some 600 hour FO's throat.
And one last thing if you constantly nag people including your coworkers about the little stuff, how will they know when to take you seriously about the important stuff.

Actually I am. My F/Os laugh at all the stupid stuff I point out that people do and most of them say they never thought of it ..........and that I was right.

of course they laugh... they are HUMORING you!! They know if they dont laugh at your retarded jokes that it will be an even longer 4 days... i'm sure in their minds they are absolutely farking miserable.

After wasting the last minute and a half reading this worthless post I have decided to say "with you" in most of my transmissions now.

Mach 80 during your initial crew brief do you say things like "I'm laid back" "lets keep it standard just like the book says" "unless you have and questions lets go have some" "fun"
If you do great keep it up because with that brief guys will know exactly what to expect. They will already know your going to ride their arss about saying checking in with you

After wasting the last minute and a half reading this worthless post I have decided to say "with you" in most of my transmissions now.
Im "with you" on this one MALSR

Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

OMG! Chill!

"wasting" radio time....GMAFB!

I'm all for sounding as professional as possible, but you need to take a deep breath.

Latest resources

Back