• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
we've all laughed at the 'good old boy' in the 172 in south georgia asking 'ya'll' for flight following.

saying 'with you' puts you in the same category.

Well, Don Lauderdale would appreciate this thread.. If you were his student and said "with you" on the radio at any time, he would fail and engine. Even if you're already, say, doing a single engine NDB approach, check in with tower with a "with you" and there goes the other one!

All I have to ask is this....

Why does it offend you guys so much when someone shows you the right way to do something? You guys are like a bunch of crying children who were told you have to run ALL the bases to get a point....

Why don't you try the old, tried and true STFU method?

I get so sick of you babying. I guess we should just drop all the structure of aviating and make no standard, that way you can all have your upgrade before you even learn how to be an FO, have your iPod, backpack, boots, queer looking hairstyles, and get to say things like "with you" and sound like an idiot but not care.

Grow up! High school is O-V-E-R!!!!

Every time someone points out something you could do better you start crying. Boo Frickety Hoo! You're no fun to fly with! You hurt my little feelings! Quit picking on me! I can do what I want!

Geez.

Last edited:
Mach80,

After 22,000 hours and 35 years of airline flying , you're just now deciding to be upset at radio phraseology that 90% of all other airline pilots use? Well I guess at 22,000 hours, you probably think you have it all figured out. :p

The radio phraseology you're complaining about only takes a mere 1/2 second to say. IMO, most pilots & controllers seem to appreciate at least a "g'day" or a "talk to 'ya later". What's the big deal? Where's the fire? Slow down a little!! You sound like one of those anal pilots who says "Kay-beck" instead of "Quebec" or "Tree" instead of "three"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanndd-uh Clevland center good after noon, how are ya, uuuh XYZ213 checkin in with you at two eight oh...and any chance direct to uuuh, Waahu and while I got you, what are the rides like at two eight oh cuz we're getting intermittent light chop here at two eight oh and uuuh are the rides any better higher or uuuh lower?

How'd I do!:nuts:

By the way Mach 80, if that is the only thing that really gets under your skin in all your years of flying and putting up with all the pooh that's dished out by others then you're doing quite well actually!
:beer:

Last edited:
Havent seen Mach80 post in a couple of pages...I wonder if he wandered off from the nursing home again...damn alzheimers!

I'm not "with you" regarding this thread.

I don't know what's worse... the fact this thread exists in the first place, or the fact that it's already six pages.

I teach my students to say with you at least twice in the transmission, and if they're flying above 5,000ft, to say "checkin' in" and "flight level" 3,500 ft. Also, to voluntarily say "light chop" .. even if there is no light chop. I also teach them to say "on the fishfinder" and "we have the bogey in sight" if they have traffic in sight, if they don't, "no joy." Also, I instruct them to announce "here we go" when cleared for takeoff. I also teach them to say altitudes in decimals, like 2,500ft = two point five.

Also, after every transmission, I have them say "any traffic in the area, please advise," even if the control tower is operating.

Doing my part.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back