Will NWA and the Mechs agree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Donsa320 said:
And of course someone has bought 6,300,000 shares during those 6 months, no?

Yes, but it does not appear to be Checchi or Wilson. You could probably add Steenland, Haan, Griffin and Malek to the list as well.

castle bravo said:
Donsa320 said:
And of course someone has bought 6,300,000 shares during those 6 months, no?

Yes, but it does not appear to be Checchi or Wilson. You could probably add Steenland, Haan, Griffin and Malek to the list as well.

Yeah, but I did not mean to imply that insiders bought the stock, just that somebody did....assuming they will make a gain someday, I would presume. I guess I just like to look at the bright side of things. <grin>

~DC

What is the word about the other organized labor groups at NWA? Will they honor the mechanics picket lines? We got a few hours left before the ball drops I guess.

islandhopper said:
What is the word about the other organized labor groups at NWA? Will they honor the mechanics picket lines? We got a few hours left before the ball drops I guess.

If that was for me....I dunno, I'm a NWA retired but knowing NWA, I'd put my money on them. I think the mechs are toast in this one. Just my opinion. You know that $55,000 a year cleaners get about as much sympathy as $200,000 a year pilots when it comes to labor disputes. <grin>

~DC

CNN has a time ticker on right now for the strike deadline....interesting...

CNN has a time ticker on right now for the strike deadline....interesting...
I don't remember if it was fox or cnn, but they just had two analysts on and one was saying NWA has a ton of furloughed mechanics just waiting to cross the picket lines from the other majors. I don't know if that's true or not, it's just what the guy said.

They also said that NWA could outsource the mx off shore. I don't know how well that would work out.

Without comment as to the merit or malice of it...I am certain that NWA has a plan that they believe will work. I do not envision them moving from their stance against the AMFA.

Heyas,

One thing is for sure, given the copy cat nature of this industry, is that if NWA does pull off operating without the mechanics, every other employee group at every other airline will feel the pain.

It will make what happened in SEA with the ALK ground staff look like a walk in the park.

Nu

NuGuy said:
Heyas,

One thing is for sure, given the copy cat nature of this industry, is that if NWA does pull off operating without the mechanics, every other employee group at every other airline will feel the pain.

It will make what happened in SEA with the ALK ground staff look like a walk in the park.

Nu

Why are you and I the only ones on this board with common sense? Everyone else on this board is like "those poor mechanic bastards". Guess what people, insert your groups name in that sentence next time.

I just heard that the PFAA leaked that they are leaning toward a sympathy strike. Wouldnt that throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Latest resources

Back