Will NWA and the Mechs agree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dodge said:
People, read the annual reports and the financials of NWA. Employee concessions will not do anything to make the airline profitable. Management knows this too. They provide the numbers.

So what is the point of all this posturing? Lets just go BK now. Why is NWA ALPA trying to act like it "hasnt decided what were gonna do yet"? If what you are saying is true, (and it makes a certain amount of sense). NWA ALPA must certainly have done the math on this right? And yet they are acting like NWA might have a chance to stay out of BK. Is this possible? If the mechanics walk NWA is going BK. Why take the ALPA position that it has?

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
So what is the point of all this posturing? Lets just go BK now.

Honestly, I don't believe there is a point to it. However, BK is a tough pill to swallow for the stockholders. Having shares that were at $11 a year ago to $4 yesterday with the outlook of $.10/share tomorrow is not a pretty picture for the suits at NWA. (They own a lot of shares) This is one of the toughest spots I have ever seen an employee group/employer in.

Dodge said:
However, BK is a tough pill to swallow for the stockholders. Having shares that were at $11 a year ago to $4 yesterday with the outlook of $.10/share tomorrow is not a pretty picture for the suits at NWA. (They own a lot of shares)

Actually, insiders have dumped 6,300,000 shares during the last 6 months.

IN July over 6 million shares purchased by outside investors. Aig 10th another 5.7 million shares purchased Philip B. Korsant and Ziff Asset Management LP and general partner PBK Holdings Inc. Think a strike of 24-48 hours is likely with operations continuing as normal. Fall schedule starts on the 20th with a 17% reduction from the summer schedule. As part of R. Andersons 10 year plan the company is on track to get its cost in line to compete on any level. Predict other unions will be aboard by the end of the year and NWA in a good position next year. NWAC will continue to be upgraded as it was this week. Bankruptcy very unlikely and not a part of any business plan next year. "Bagdad Bob" has been effective in getting everyone to beleive in all the doom and gloom. p.s. I am sober!

Diesel-9 said:
IN July over 6 million shares purchased by outside investors. Aig 10th another 5.7 million shares purchased Philip B. Korsant and Ziff Asset Management LP and general partner PBK Holdings Inc. Think a strike of 24-48 hours is likely with operations continuing as normal. Fall schedule starts on the 20th with a 17% reduction from the summer schedule. As part of R. Andersons 10 year plan the company is on track to get its cost in line to compete on any level. Predict other unions will be aboard by the end of the year and NWA in a good position next year. NWAC will continue to be upgraded as it was this week. Bankruptcy very unlikely and not a part of any business plan next year. "Bagdad Bob" has been effective in getting everyone to beleive in all the doom and gloom. p.s. I am sober!

Lets all hope this is the outcome...

NW will use the mechanics as their reason why they couldn't stay out of BK. Can't take the blame themselves. They want it for a couple reasons...
October 17th and get rid of scope w/ NWA ALPA (aka NEWCO)

I think the company's plan is arrogant and optimistic. Not that I'm involved in it at all though...

It will all be clear soon enough

castle bravo said:
Dodge said:
However, BK is a tough pill to swallow for the stockholders. Having shares that were at $11 a year ago to $4 yesterday with the outlook of $.10/share tomorrow is not a pretty picture for the suits at NWA. (They own a lot of shares)

Actually, insiders have dumped 6,300,000 shares during the last 6 months.

And of course someone has bought 6,300,000 shares during those 6 months, no?

~DC

Latest resources

Back