Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dbrownie said:
We have already taken our first round about 20%. The next one will be about
30% more. You are right about the race to the bottom.

Dave B

Best of luck to all the NWA pilots.

Dodge said:
Best of luck to all the NWA pilots.

Yeah my bud, DC-9 Cap made $138,000. Now with the 15% cut he only makes 118,000. We have already set up a relief fund for him and his children. Deciding which children will go to what families in the neighborhood etc. Don't worry, we protect our own. They will be well taken care of.

Judge rules Mesaba mechanics cannot strike
John Reinan, Star Tribune
August 20, 2005 MESABA0820.OLUPDATE

Union mechanics at Mesaba Aviation are forbidden from taking part in any strike, work stoppage or slowdown in support of Northwest Airlines mechanics, a federal judge ruled today.

U.S. District Judge David Doty issued a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order that prevents Mesaba members of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) from joining in a potential strike at 11:01 tonight by more than 4,000 AMFA members at Northwest. There are about 270 AMFA members at Mesaba, which handles regional flights under contract with Northwest.

Doty ordered the union to give written, hand-delivered notice of his ruling to every mechanic and to take disciplinary action against any mechanic who violates it.

Also today, Northwest sought a similar injunction to prevent its flight attendants from launching a sympathy strike, sick-out or any other job action in support of a mechanics' strike. There was no ruling today on the injunction.

The Professional Flight Attendants Association, which represents about 10,000 Northwest flight attendants, is voting on whether to call a sympathy strike on behalf of the mechanics. Voting closed at 5 p.m. today, but the union has not released the results.

Northwest wants its flight attendants to take pay cuts averaging about 20 percent.

John Reinan is at [email protected].

http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5569725.html

WillowRunVortex said:
Yeah my bud, DC-9 Cap made $138,000. Now with the 15% cut he only makes 118,000. We have already set up a relief fund for him and his children. Deciding which children will go to what families in the neighborhood etc. Don't worry, we protect our own. They will be well taken care of.

Lovely-Do you realize that he makes more than the average doctor in the U.S.? Don't see too many of them complaining about selling kids to make ends meet. Hard to feel sorry for some guy making $118,000 a year. BTW, the average doctor is probably still paying for his education.

miles otoole said:
Lovely-Do you realize that he makes more than the average doctor in the U.S.? Don't see too many of them complaining about selling kids to make ends meet. Hard to feel sorry for some guy making $118,000 a year. BTW, the average doctor is probably still paying for his education.

I was being sarcastic. You obviously got my point.

Last edited:
Pharmacists were quoted in the paper with salaries starting (that's right first year pay) at 85-95k. I would think doctors make significantly more than pharmacists. And yes I do believe everything i read in the USA today! lol

MR Otoole. Actually that figure is low for a DC-9 Captain last year. What do you think is a fair salary? I flew that seat last year making much more than that. Every neighbor around me makes as much or more with jobs with significantly less responsibility and they certainly didn't go thru a screening process that myself and 9 classmates that were hired that month went thru. Most of us had or had credit towards a Masters Degrees with 2-3 years of military flight training. My brother in-law is a new Dr. making $350,000+ in his first year after 12+ years of school with a $140,000 loan. He plans to pay it off in 3-4 years. His pay willl double in 2 years.

Latest resources

Back