Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
he was fired for being dishonest in the asap report.

So who decides it was dishonest? When does he get to tell his side? Company fires you and then its on your dime to prove they were wrong. I for one would like someone acting on my behalf such as a union.

You RJ world folks don't know about Frank Lorenzo or that your CEO was reared in his management team for 18 years. You haven't educated yourselves on the financials of bluejet or the major industry average of pay and benefits for a major airline pilot, of which bluejet could easily pay its pilots. You're just happy to be here and oblivious to the manager threats around you. Good luck RJ men, your fate awaits you.

I hate to blow your cover to the world, but you 10 or so extremists are exaggerating the problems we have and making things sound far worse than they are as a strategy to starve jetBlue of new hire\applicants (not working) and embarrass current jetBlue pilots into voting a union (which is coincidentally the main prescription you all cite to fix what ails us).

You all want a union, I get it. I have always leaned that way, but if things were even CLOSE to as bad as you pretend they are, YOU would quit, I would QUIT, the union votes of past would have passed easily.

But alas, you haven't quit.

We have things to address, especially healthcare. But you are engaged in a
strategy of starving the beast and embarrassing pilots into voting the way you want. It is too dishonest and too extreme.

You pretend like every problem will be fixed with a union. You pretend like all these union airlines have had a great run, and that they are happy.

I have met THOUSANDS of miserable legacy pilots over the years, all union. They have significant problems, just different ones. I recognize that for all the problems they have had, they have maintained better benefits, but often NOT better pay. Sometimes yes, often NO.

At the end of the day, I will likely vote for a union. But at least I won't be diluding myself and others that we won't still have problems, lose some of the jetBlue that WE enjoy, likely create some new problems we didn't anticipate, but we will probably have better benefits...

But you will still be miserable, that much I guarantee.

To those reading these forums and trying to decide about jetBlue. Read every opinion. They all have something to contribute. I love my job at jetBlue and see a good future here. A union vote will eventually pass here, but if it doesn't, it will be because things are still good enough, despite having terrible healthcare coverage and some other holes in our benefits.

But understand that there are about 10 guys on here that are engaging in a strategy to make it seem FAR worse than it really is, in a concerted effort to starve the company of new applicants, new hires, and to embarrass current JB pilots into voting union. They want a union no matter what, and will tell you that a union here will be perfect, will fix everything that ails us, will create no new problems for us, and that everything at other union majors is so perfect, and they are all so happy with their careers.

Funny how when truth is told and the ugly skeletons are unearthed, suddenly the truth tellers are bad guys. You might want to check your hostility to truth at the door.

Anyone applying to bluejet is making a huge mistake. Avoid it and run far away.

!@#$ dude,

You were gone for a long time and the board collectively thanked you for it. Now you're back? I can't imagine flying a trip with you. You contribute nothing here. Who do you want to work here? Some one will work here. You're not leaving. Why don't you promote pro CBA people. I don't understand your strategy. When the CBA is an entity here, number one agenda should be to make sure !@#$S like you do not populate the MEC, LEC, EB or whatever.

So who decides it was dishonest? When does he get to tell his side? Company fires you and then its on your dime to prove they were wrong. I for one would like someone acting on my behalf such as a union.

I would also prefer a union. Have always said that, including in the long post that started this thread. I still stand by every word.

These discussions have never been about whether or not we should have a union. Few on here still maintain that position besides maybe the asa guy.

This thread is hopeless "perfect" pilots that profess that life at blue is splendid yet both state that they are yes votes yet both believe that the first time anybody screws up that they deserve to get canned based on the subjectivity of of someone they dont know, never meet, based on unknown criteria that can change at the drop of a hat, and all the while feeling it is completely justifiable to have to spend 6 figures to fight for your job while in the middle of losing a six figure job..

This isnt about the player it about the game.. It needs to be defined there needs to be a process. Why have professional standards represent you at a hearing if the company andtheir marketing department consultants have decided that you are going bye bye regardless. Why tell you that you are fired if you dont show up, fired if you try to bring in an attorney with you, and then tell you that you are fired anyways..

Thats pretty f-ucked up

I have 15,000 hours have 7 type ratings was a part 91 captain on a beechjet at 22 years old and have flown all over the world from pilatus porters in south america to falcons in the swiss alps to the left seat at blue.. I have never bent a plane or had an event with the exception of a couple altitude busts or a missed crossing restriction. I am also realistic and I know that there is a high likelihood that at some point i may or will screw up. I flown redeye turns and walked into the cockpit wide awake and rested only to find myself slapping myself on the face on final to make sure that i am alert.

Listen man things happen to me to YOU anybody no matter how perfect they think they are. You are NOT PERFECT contrary to what i read in your responses. You or i screw up we may just deserve to ultimately be fired BUT BUT BUT there is a defind process we need to follow PERIOD..

Regardless of what happended this man should have been removed with pay for 30 days. He should have had an opportunity to get consul, consult and meet with standards, see a statemnt from the company regarding the claims against him and then be given at least 2 proceedings where everyone can present their side of the case, discover the facts, and present their findings. Its called due process.

This man may have deserved to be fired neither you nor I know for sure but the bottom line for the sake of you, me, and every pilot here all the facts needs to be presented in an organized process.

Im not trying to argue with you. Im just trying to get you to take the ME ME ME out of this discussion and look at it from an US perspective. That perspective only comes with maturity and experience.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back