Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the threat of the union is more effective than the union itself. I do an in-house union. If ALPA is voted in, I believe things will get worse, not better... but hey, what do I know?

Really? Let's see, we have had a union vote twice. The first time they responded with a pay raise that didn't do much for the majority of the pilots. After the second vote they just jacked our health insurance rates through the roof. Now they know a third drive is under way and the company has responded by firing pilots that are former OC members. Yep, threatening a union is working swimmingly wouldn't you say?

I believe the threat of the union is more effective than the union itself. I do an in-house union. If ALPA is voted in, I believe things will get worse, not better... but hey, what do I know?

Last I checked DL just got a raise and improved benefits. Look like UA did too. Hawaiian has better pay rates and benefits then JetBlue. Alaska has similar pay but much better benefits then JetBlue. How did these pilot groups achieve this? What common source do they use to negotiate? We get it, you hate ALPA but try to take emotion out of equation.

PS

Just awarded a 85hr line for Feb, looks like an Alaska pilot would make $700 more. Also Alaska pilots enjoy a 13.5% B fund PLUS profit sharing. Over the last few years that has equated to 21% retirement contribution. Alaska pilots contact is amendable April 2013. You do understand the difference between a B fund and a 401K right?

Last edited:
Last I checked DL just got a raise and improved benefits. Look like UA did too. Hawaiian has better pay rates and benefits then JetBlue. Alaska has similar pay but much better benefits then JetBlue. How did these pilot groups achieve this? What common source do they use to negotiate? We get it, you hate ALPA but try to take emotion out of equation.

No they don't. That is not true. You are lying. Jetblue pilots after 3 union threats have to have better conditions of service than Mesa, I mean ALA and HAL.

Jetblue must because the threat of the union is more effective than a union.

We have threatened 3 times and maybe a forth threat in the coming months. After 3 or 4 threats our conditions of service have to be better because ALA has only had one union and we have had 3 threats maybe 4.

We started collecting cards for an in house and our CEO told the pilot group that JBPA kicked him in the teeth. In other words we assaulted him and therefore he can fight back now!

Last edited:
No they don't. That is not true. You are lying. Jetblue pilots after 3 union threats have to have better conditions of service than Mesa, I mean ALA and HAL.

Jetblue must because the threat of the union is more effective than a union.

We have threatened 3 times and maybe a forth threat in the coming months. After 3 or 4 threats our conditions of service have to be better because ALA has only had one union and we have had 3 threats maybe 4.

We started collecting cards for an in house and our CEO told the pilot group that JBPA kicked him in the teeth. In other words we assaulted him and therefore he can fight back now!

I swore we had to have better pay and benefits. After all that's what Dave and the Bobs told us. Turns out....we don't! Shocking isn't it!

I hate to say it, because I consider Spirits contract to be sub par, but yet we have apps from JB guys? Is it that bad there?

Juicer 1 says life is great and you could be off reserve in a month and then you will hold 18 days off.

a simple check of the facts shows the bottom line holders have between 12 - 14 days off and about 74 hours of credit.

When emotion loses to the facts the juicer then invents a grand conspiracy and starts to call names. Ie becomes even more emotional.

Just be cautious that is all nothing more or less.

Splert, stop spreading lies. "Juicer 1" doesn't even work at Jetblue, and his statements were in regards to VX. I even clarified that to you, yet you continue with it unacknowledged.

No retirements and minimal growth. Probably makes sense for the junior guys.

No growth?
jetBlue aircraft.......
2004 69
2005 92
2006 119
2007 134
2008 142
2009 151
2010 160
2011 169
2012 180
2013 9 sched. for delivery
2014 11
2015 17

Last edited:
"One month on Reserve and then 18 days off" was this distortion.

A320 JFK is between 12-14.

Them the facts now go away and start crying or call me names or accuse me of something that you just invented. Get emotional.

Juicer 1 is refers to juicers in general not you specifically. Got it!

1. Your "facts" leave out more than half of the new hires by limiting it to JFK 320.

2. That wasn't my quote in the first place.

Got it!

Latest resources

Back