Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing wrong with that position. It's as valid as your position.

In house is fantasyland. How is your inhouse campaign going. All you gluttons for punishment claim you want an inhouse yet you do NOTHING. Get on it, I'll sign a card today but I will write in ALPA.

I hate to blow your cover to the world, but you 10 or so extremists are exaggerating the problems we have and making things sound far worse than they are as a strategy to starve jetBlue of new hire\applicants

Einstein, wouldn't it be a better "strategery" to sunshine up the place and have new hires quit after a year or so?

Drive up training costs while 10 - 25 pilots leave per week/month and starve the operation from the inside out? Remember it only takes 1 day to quit and 4 months to place a resume into the right seat.

Is that what you are doing?

I hope it works out for new hire here and this place can make it work for pilots and company. But right now I don't think the company has the slightest interest if pilot leave or stay. As long as the metal get moved they are okay.

Last edited:
Since you brought up JB's "long history", look at our "history" of fleet growth last year, the year before, the year before..... Those numbers are net growth. You are lieing, again. We have sold and returned some, but it has almost always resulted in significant net fleet growth, as history proves.

You're an alarmist, with an agenda. You do NOT care about the career choices of others as much as you pretend. You are NOT trying to save others from a questionable career decision. You don't care that much about what some regional jet jockey does with his life. This is a starve JB of new applicants/hires strategy and an attemp to embarrass JB pilots into voting what you want.

The VAST majoriity of guys I fly with are very happy here. That doesn't mean they don't want improvements and many are willing to vote union, but they are happy still.

You are full of &&&&.

Wow, strong accusations. Please take my posts line by line, fact by fact and let me know where I am lying. You can't refute the facts so stoop to calling names. Again show me where my facts are not correct. Unlike you my arguments are based on facts not emotions.

When I was in recurrent back in October they told us 4 airplanes were scheduled to go back but may be kept if favorable rates could be negotiated. JetBlue was scheduled to get many more airplanes over the past few year but did not, in fact they paid termination fees to Airbus. Google it, it's all right there.

Again my intentions are to bring the facts. You are awfully defensive, I could care less if someone does or does not want to apply. I have some friends that have applied and many that are not interested. I have several retired military and commuter guys in my neighborhood that have told me they aren't interested.

Last edited:
In house is fantasyland. How is your inhouse campaign going. All you gluttons for punishment claim you want an inhouse yet you do NOTHING. Get on it, I'll sign a card today but I will write in ALPA.

Probably the same as your ALPA drive, with the difference being that a lot, including me, will vote "no" to ALPA.

Probably the same as your ALPA drive, with the difference being that a lot, including me, will vote "no" to ALPA.

Let's review. AirTran was in house paying 3% dues going no where before they merged with ALPA. FedEx was in house an went no where for years before going ALPA. You don't work for ASA anymore. That was a fee for departure carrier with substandard protections. You don't work for a regional carrier anymore. Another ALPA drive is under way and will win this time. You and your in house buddies need to get to work. How will we pay for this in house union? Are you willing to pay thousands in assessments only to have less benefits then ALPA? You're being emotional, think logically.

No way JetBlue gets 17 airplanes in 2015 unless many are given back as leases expire. You can count on that. JetBlue has a long history of selling airplanes. I believe 4 are expected to be returned in 2013. Some, none, or all may be returned. I want to see scheduled lease returns and net deliveries. Pilot Retirements or lack there of are a real issue for a new hire or anyone below seniority number 1000.

Sorry, just the numbers of aircraft flying. How many have we sold or returned in the last 48 months? facts please.....

Last edited:
Sorry, just the numbers of aircraft flying. How many have we sold or returned in the last 48 months? facts please.....

How many have been deferred? How many are scheduled to be returned? How much to JetBlue pay Airbus to defer some of these aircraft. Google it.

How many have been deferred? How many are scheduled to be returned? How much to JetBlue pay Airbus to defer some of these aircraft. Google it.

Why? Our "history" clearly shows net fleet growth of about 9 aircraft a year in all of the recent years. More in our more distant history. They are stating and will state to the investors soon that 2013 will be our biggest growth year since 2006. 9 aircraft (or more) net growth per year, which we have almost always sustained and are being told to expect, is about 5% fleet expansion which will correlate more or less (more over the long term) with pilot seniority list expansion.

5% per year is close to, and in most cases more than the expected sustained retirements at each legacy. Now, you could argue that growth could theoretically stop here at JB, and reasonable people could argue that not every retiring pilot will be replaced at a legacy.

But either way, you will argue what ever side of any issue to make it look worse for JB.

Latest resources

Back