• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who has left ASA for SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anytime you'd like to compare IQ's or academic/business credentials - just let me know. Until then...

I believe you have stated, in the past, that you believe that ASA pilots should go to the bottom since you bought us. Am I confused? It seems that you have changed your opinion.

I'm not much for comparing IQ's. Childish if you ask me.

As far as business credentials go I've owned a small corpration in the past and I currently have a side business that puts more money in my pocket than flying does.

If you can find a post where I advocated a staple I'll give you $100. I have not edited or deleted any post in relation to that issue.

I anxiously await you coming up with proof or aplogizing for accusing me of being one of the idiots advocating stapling ASA pilots to the bottom of any list. Never have never will. It would be a disaster.

Sounds like a perfect solution to me. And the SkyWest guys and gals won't mind as long as your DOH is changed to the date SKYW bought you so your former parent company could stay in business.

If thats not a staple, what is?

But then he backs off immediately.

To me a staple is just as reasonable a solution as DOH. So yes there is some sarcasm there. I figure if an ASA guys pushes for DOH we should be pushing just as hard for a staple since neither is an equitable solution.

An equitable merger protocol would take these factors into account and preserve the all important career expectations.

1. Average ASA pilot is more senior than average SKYW pilot
2. SKYW pilots historically upgrade much faster than ASA pilots, in some cases less than 6 months and generally within 2 or 3 years

3. ASA was rescued from near certain bankruptcy
4. Prior to acquisition ASA pilots had no expectation of UAX flying
5. Prior to acquisition ASA pilots had no expectation of west coast bases
6. Prior to acquisition ASA pilots had no expectation of potential codeshare flying for partner other than DAL. SKYW actively bids for flying with other airlines according to SEC filed documents.

So an equitable merger protocol would not harm SKYW pilots the way a pure DOH merger would. An equitable merger protocol would force ASA pilots to make some sort of sacrifice in exchange for the new opportunties offered. In light of the fact that ASA would be bankrupt had they not been purchased by SKYW how can any reasonable person suggest that SKYW pilots be harmed in the aftermath of a merger?

Bottom line? The only fair way to merge the lists would be using some sort of ratio and fences.

Sounds like he'd make a good politician to me.

So far as DOH goes, aren't SW and ASA about the same age?

Last edited:
Who cares- Just stop the carpetbagger in St' George. We're being treated like a red headed step child anyways. Just keep the Skywest people on their side of the fence, and we'll stay on ours. Just my opinion.

Turkey shoot-

I guess I'll have to split that $100 with you.

Dave-

It is statements like that one that I was referring to. Also, glad for your success in your other endeavors. I, too, have run a successful bisuness in the past that made more than ASA (not that it's too hard to do that). IQ's are childish? I don't know what to tell you there. I would like to see you tone done your aggressiveness towards us at ASA is all. Sure we've got some rednecks, but you've got some...um....what do you guys have there anyway? We need to work together. Insulting us doesn't accomplish that.

Turkey shoot-

I guess I'll have to split that $100 with you.

I'll PM you with instructions for my overseas account. ;)

In the end, a merger of lists will benefit everyone. If the SkyWest guys truly believe that once ASA accepts a concessionary contract, they will not be next, they've been snowed. Money is number one and they'll be after SW next with the same threats of tranferring assets if a move is made to unionize after they cut your pay.

Count on it. Money first, employees second. Nothing wrong with it, it's just how it is though. Figure it out, it's been the trend in the rest of the industry. SkyWest is not insulated from this.

When will you people learn to read?

Here's what I said taken right out of my post that you quoted:

"To me a staple is just as reasonable a solution as DOH. So yes there is some sarcasm there. I figure if an ASA guys pushes for DOH we should be pushing just as hard for a staple since neither is an equitable solution."

What part of "neither is an equitable solution" is so difficult to comprehend?

Does it really sound like I'm adovcating a staple or am I using the staple as a way to make the point that it's just as bad as DOH?

Did you really make it through high school?

I'm done on this thread.
If anyone really thinks I've advocated a staple PM me and I'll be happy to come up with some links that will help with your understanding of the use of sarcasm and analogies in writing.

ALPA merger policy never mentions DOH. The policy intends to preserve the career expectations of the pilot groups involved, not their DOH.

ALPA Administrative Manual:
1. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Turkey shoot-

. Sure we've got some rednecks, but you've got some...um....what do you guys have there anyway?

Some "Good Ole Boys" at ASA?? What sort of Demographic do you think we're going to cater to flying heavily into South Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana?? Hey, I take pride in the fact I'm a redneck- a professional one anyway.

Latest resources

Back