• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is US Air West going to sue ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more thing, if and when parker gets tired of all the east's crap and he sells it off, I would assume the buyer, say maybe UAL would not want the problem children of the east and all the headaches the bring They would have parker bankrupt the company, throw out LOA 93 and the fragmantation protections and sell the pieces off WITHOUT the pilots.

First off...that ain't never gonna happen.

I would give the original AWA a year tops surviving as a National Carrier in todays environment.

So you as an AWA pilot should not be prodding Easties with the slinging of terms such as "childish" as both groups in the long run are tied together (legally or not) and are going to suffer the same fate...either the two groups will find common ground (extremely doubtful, unless some major breakthroughs occur) or both groups will experience the demise of an airline.

I know "STFD" has been the cattle call in the industry for the last 6 years of concessions, but every labor group in the industry acquiesced to management (to preserve the company... the "live to fight another day" mantra).

I wouldn't be so sure about the Easties acquiescing on this though. This seals their fate and a lot of guys who were Captains (all were) are gonna be jerkin gear until retirement now...set in stone if this is how it goes down. I don't see it happening personally.

You can take all the emotional conversation out of it...it is as simple as that.

Last edited:
Hp....I think you're giving the East more credit with respect to their "proposed" litigation.

As I said before, I wouldn't expect this to ever go in front of a judge, IMO.

It's sad but true. The East guys are putting themselves in harms way because they feel the arbitration was a windfall for the west. If anything it was a windfall for the east.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Now that is fargin funny! A windfall for the east? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Was that a typo?

Hp....I think you're giving the East more credit with respect to their "proposed" litigation.

As I said before, I wouldn't expect this to ever go in front of a judge, IMO.

I meant the, "burn the mother down" attitude. You're absolutely right, the lawsuit will get laughed out of court.

Give AWA a year as a national carrier. YGTBSM!

AWA's hubs were/are PHX and LAS. We successfully fought off SWA in those markets when USAir was selling off BWI and bailing out of the West.

Holy crap jt8d you're retarded.

Give AWA a year as a national carrier. YGTBSM!

AWA's hubs were/are PHX and LAS. We successfully fought off SWA in those markets when USAir was selling off BWI and bailing out of the West.

Holy crap jt8d you're retarded.

SWA has always called AWA "their best customer".

My point was HP and US need each other to succeed at this point.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about the Easties acquiescing on this though. This seals their fate and a lot of guys who were Captains (all were) are gonna be jerkin gear until retirement now...set in stone if this is how it goes down. I don't see it happening personally.

You can take all the emotional conversation out of it...it is as simple as that.

The words of a Genius!!!!

It's too bad the merger happened then !!!

Having an F/O job with a chance to upgrade after retirement goes from 60 to 65. yeah that result is truly terrible, I mean just how could a guy live through that.

Liquidation and unemployment at 50-55 would have been much more tolerable both Emotionaly and Financialy, Like you said that would be simple !!!

A fence will probably not be necessary, since there will never be a joint CBA.

What rational person would vote yes (joint CBA) to something that will cost them the left seat.

All 60% already in the left seat.

Don't work there, but have talked to a lot friends who work there (US Air East), both left seat and right seat, and don't think there is any near 50% that will vote "Yes" on a joint CBA right now. So, just how do you think that you would ever get the 'votes' if you had a contract to vote on???

The 'numbers' just are definitely NOT there.

Just a thought??

DA

My point was HP and US need each other to succeed at this point.[/quote]

point is.... what is your point? Never sign an agreement? STMFD? Succeed? Do you know what that means? You want to Phudge AWA so you can succeed is what I see, since you could not "succeed" on your own.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back