When is US Air West going to sue ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a higher up today.......
Doug is not that stupid (another topic lol).... but 9 757 Captains and 40 320 West Captain upgrades. Let the whipsawing begin.

Last edited:
And the company will be sold off in little pieces without the pilots. That is a GREAT plan. What's better, to be 55 years old as an FO making 110k or so a year of "Captain" at an airline that is out of business. Try and find a guy who was 55 years old when Braniff or EAL went out of businss. Ask them what they would have chosen for the last few years of their career.

1. 100k+ salary and 10 to 15% a month going directly into their retirement as a senior FO or.

2. Unemployed at 55, a few years from retirement, kids in college, and a house payment. Though I do hear Mesa is hiring.

Funny, the east guys are upset at yanking gear for a guy with 10 years on the property. Just think how happy they will be yanking gear for a 1000hr mesa captain.

Food for thought

You're wasting your time trying to explain reality to weasel. He couldn't find his own @ss with both hands and a map.

Again I was an east pilot I just am ashamed that they would act this way enlight of the fact that they agreed to the process. What makes it worse is their attempt to extort ALPA into forcing the west pilots to modify the list until it suits them. That is wrong and where does that leave ALPA when the next round of mergers takes place? This whole thing is disgusting

If you were an east driver, how many seniority numbers did you move up in the Nicolau list as to where you were on the LCC Seniority List?

T8

For someone who backed into their job,you seem to have a lot to say about how the award went down,don't you?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Please...If anyone has "a lot to say," it's you. I post occasionally on this board--284 times since 2004 compared to your 1258+ posts since 2003. The facts are the facts. You win. You truely have more to say...about...well, it looks like everything. Your cutting remark regarding my status of employment only confirms what I posted.

T8

If you were an east driver, how many seniority numbers did you move up in the Nicolau list as to where you were on the LCC Seniority List?

T8
NONE bottom of the list list is the bottom of the list. RELATIVE SENIORITY, Tough concept to understand I guess.

First of all the bottom of the list was not used. USAirways was flying E 170 at the time of merger and the list of active pilots went all the way to the bottom. Alpa is getting sued for that very reason by not including and representing all active pilots at the time of merger. Many showed as furloughed, but were active at the time of merger.
Bottom of the list was 1800 numbers further down.
So relative seniortiy was not even used.
Odell already has 400 pilots below him. But who cares, the list will never happen.

By the way, USAIR saved America West. All profits are coming from the east. Losses on the WEST.
EAST had 350 mill at the time of merger AWA 80 mill. NO WAY AWA.

Marty

You're wasting your time trying to explain reality to weasel. He couldn't find his own @ss with both hands and a map.

There will not be a joint contract for many years IF ever. - Reality.

You won the lottery, but you can’t cash the ticket. – Reality.

You can throw out your little threats and childish name calling, but that will not change ............. (you guessed it) - Reality.

First of all the bottom of the list was not used. USAirways was flying E 170 at the time of merger and the list of active pilots went all the way to the bottom. Alpa is getting sued for that very reason by not including and representing all active pilots at the time of merger. Many showed as furloughed, but were active at the time of merger.
Bottom of the list was 1800 numbers further down.
So relative seniortiy was not even used.
Odell already has 400 pilots below him. But who cares, the list will never happen.

By the way, USAIR saved America West. All profits are coming from the east. Losses on the WEST.
EAST had 350 mill at the time of merger AWA 80 mill. NO WAY AWA.

Marty

I would like to know sir, if you are a line pilot, what kind of CRACK your smoking that allows you to keep a medical certificate.

The money that you speak of was made available to AAA only after the merger was agreed to by Parker.

More accurately the people with the money made it available to AAA so they could emerge from BK only after the merger was agreed to. No merger agreement, No money. No one else was waiting in the wings ( Jack Stephans testified to this in the E-190 arbitration) Even David Bronner had run out of patience with AAA.

So go ahead and light up another one and start googling a you will see the truth! And do it quick before you say that again and someone hears you!

Marty

Yeah, USAir had E 170s. I wonder why those boys didn't just bid off of them and back to the 'Bus and the Boeings? Oh yeah, they couldn't because it was a different company genius...nice try though.

And USAir saved AWA? Are you insane? Now that the "process" has moved so far along, no one can say their fates aren't intertwined. If one goes down the crapper, the other will follow...but seriously, have you actually stopped to listen to what your saying? You're embarrassing yourself.

But hey, that's just my opinion...I may be wrong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back