When is jetblue hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

My buddy just interviewed at Colgan. Said there was one UPS guy there.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

I don't think you have to resign at Colgan. Found out there is not training contract, which I had read about elsewhere...I think it's like Compass' training contract...it just never really materialized and/or faded away.

cliff
GRB
PS-I DO know guys that are very unhappy at UPS, and wish they were somewhere better!!!

Well, this morning I heard from a friend that interviewed with Colgan just last week. He said, Colgan does have a training agreement of one year pro rated. According to my friend, Colgan was very brief about the contract. As if, they did not wanted the crew members to know about it.

Why would anyone consider going to jetblue? It seems like a dead end job with no hope for upgrade and a fleet that is shrinking... arrival of four E-190's and the return of up to five A320s for the remainder of 2010 from what I was told from someone who works there. I guess they've also deferred future deliveries as well. I don't mean this as flame, but it seems like it is a dysfunctional airline with an uncertain future. Do they have a five year plan? Do they have a strategic ten year plan? Will Lufthansa bring the company into the Star Alliance? Are my countrymen going to force jetblue to spend money on building them up to make them more marketable for parting out to other carriers? Why aren't they able to compete effectively against Virgin and Spirit? I'm sure Delta, Southwest and Airtran would love to see the elimination of competition for the low hanging fruit of the low yield Florida markets. I know much of this could be said of any airline today, but it just seems, in my opinion, jetblue is aimless...

Funny thing is ... I agree with you. I've been her 4 plus years and I wouldn't recommend it as a career airline. If only you could see what JB is doing to us via work rules right now and their version of a direct relationship.

But what these bubbas on this board won't do is alude to any of that -- it's par for the course to defend your company on flightinfo, even when that same company, er "the Corporation", is moving to deny pilots an appropriate resolution to a rather significant contract dispute. Apparently this 5 year indvidual contract thing isn't that good after all (I say with sarcasm).

JB ain't bad -- on the outside. And much of what you see on the inside is "okay". But there are significant issues in there that make JB less attractive than it used to be (when all those Mesa bubbas came for $78/hr wages, ha).

Standing by for the cultish "if you don't like it leave" comments ...

Funny thing is ... I agree with you. I've been her 4 plus years and I wouldn't recommend it as a career airline. If only you could see what JB is doing to us via work rules right now and their version of a direct relationship.

But what these bubbas on this board won't do is alude to any of that -- it's par for the course to defend your company on flightinfo, even when that same company, er "the Corporation", is moving to deny pilots an appropriate resolution to a rather significant contract dispute. Apparently this 5 year indvidual contract thing isn't that good after all (I say with sarcasm).

JB ain't bad -- on the outside. And much of what you see on the inside is "okay". But there are significant issues in there that make JB less attractive than it used to be (when all those Mesa bubbas came for $78/hr wages, ha).

Standing by for the cultish "if you don't like it leave" comments ...

Dont listen to chef he was in the military...

okay all kidding aside he is right. Jetblue is a good job and after 5 years i am making a decent living but we have seen some real steps back in relationship with management. We work our butts off here and have asked for industry average everything. On the outside the candy coating shell looks like industry standard while the round table is trying everything to lower employee costs.

example: talk of how they gave an industry leading night override of $13 per hr or approx $75 on a red eye

reality: they eliminated the 13:30 rig.. trip would pay 13:30 that now pays 11:00 ish with a $75 night over ride

Do two back to back lose $500 to make $150

just one such example

Dont listen to chef he was in the military...

okay all kidding aside he is right. Jetblue is a good job and after 5 years i am making a decent living but we have seen some real steps back in relationship with management. We work our butts off here and have asked for industry average everything. On the outside the candy coating shell looks like industry standard while the round table is trying everything to lower employee costs.

example: talk of how they gave an industry leading night override of $13 per hr or approx $75 on a red eye

reality: they eliminated the 13:30 rig.. trip would pay 13:30 that now pays 11:00 ish with a $75 night over ride

Do two back to back lose $500 to make $150

just one such example

Correct but you must add that they have also removed most of those trips. There are only a few left that would even be affected by the old 13:30 rig.

Latest resources

Back