• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So sad indeed. If I remember he was suppose to be transitioning over to LUV in November. The Maxblast LUV thread has comments from some on here directed towards him that are pretty horrible in light of his suicide. If I'd made some of those comments I'd probably find another hobby besides this forum. Just saying.

+1. And they might want to find a lawyer. Just sayin

Ok look.

Like I said this is tragic. Very sad to hear it happened. But for anyone to speculate on why he did this is ridiculous. It might be hard for some to accept, but Rich clearly had a psychological problem. I'm sorry if saying that is "inappropriate" but it's the truth. Things like this are hard for a lot of people to understand.

I'm as sympathetic as anyone else, but I'm also a realist.

I sincerely hope his family is able to recover from this over time. I can't possibly imagine the pain they're going through right now.

Hey -9Capt,

Your the same little guy that keeps attacking. If it's not this site it's another (Alpa board). You need to sign off a while and try spending sometime with your family. You never have anything positive to say. It's time to just enjoy life, your family and quit posting all the time.

Really "meanstreak"? Are you serious? He made a fair share of personal attacks of his own BTW.

Cyber bullying? This was a grown man, not some impressionable 12 year old school girl. Whatever the reason(s) were, he obviously had a psychological problem. That's why he did this.

I'm very sad to hear this happened, mainly for his family, but these things happen everyday and they're always tragic. Life insurance doesn't pay and if he had kids, now what? Like I said, I feel mostly for Stacy.

Unless you read the note you have no idea what drove him to do this. For all you know his pet hamster died.

I am not on this forum much, however this comment is way out of line and I am embarrassed to say you are one of my fellow pilots on the TRAN side. Heck maybe we have even flown together. That being said what Rich did on the merger committee and him killing himself for whatever may be the reason has no bearing on you being pissed off about your spot on the SLI. He was a human being, and for whatever reason killed himself-as far as I am concerned it was between him and God.

Rich was a good person, he was very passionate about the integration and felt in his heart that he did the right thing for the group, weather you agree or not. I stood next to him in the crew room a few months back and guys were coming up to him threatening him, wtf, he was just one of 4 guys on the committee, maybe the most vocal, but still just one of 4!! We all know MGMT had there hands in the cookie jar long ago---swapa and alpo were just pawns in this fight.

FWIW...just my opinion

Fair winds my friend......God Bless.

Hey -9Capt,

Your the same little guy that keeps attacking. If it's not this site it's another (Alpa board). You need to sign off a while and try spending sometime with your family. You never have anything positive to say. It's time to just enjoy life, your family and quit posting all the time.

Is he the Napoleon prick with the superiority complex that lives in FL?

I am not on this forum much, however this comment is way out of line and I am embarrassed to say you are one of my fellow pilots on the TRAN side. Heck maybe we have even flown together. That being said what Rich did on the merger committee and him killing himself for whatever may be the reason has no bearing on you being pissed off about your spot on the SLI. He was a human being, and for whatever reason killed himself-as far as I am concerned it was between him and God.

Rich was a good person, he was very passionate about the integration and felt in his heart that he did the right thing for the group, weather you agree or not. I stood next to him in the crew room a few months back and guys were coming up to him threatening him, wtf, he was just one of 4 guys on the committee, maybe the most vocal, but still just one of 4!! We all know MGMT had there hands in the cookie jar long ago---swapa and alpo were just pawns in this fight.

FWIW...just my opinion

Fair winds my friend......God Bless.

Those individuals who threatened him better get a lawyer. Stacey will surely come after any and all.

I bet Maxblast has a lot of documentation of his experiences over the last couple years. I would be surprised if SWA does not get involved just to mitigate their liability. The employee conduct agreement everybody signed is pretty specific about this stuff. Some of the stuff people publicly posted on the ALPA site made me want to hurl. I can only imagine the Private messages and emails he has received. For someone to say that all that has gone on did not affect him is pretty shocking, but not surprising.

Last edited:
This is not (nor should it) going to be pretty...the internet has no secrets...it might be advisable to seek counsel (and maybe anger mgmt counseling) if you have posted anything particularly uncivil or threatening towards Maxblast72 (Rich) in regards to his duties and the SLI...

SWA will be headhunting to address this type of behavior...

What I posted wasn't meant to be insulting or insensitive. If someone took it that way, I apologize. I'm sorry. My words don't always translate well to written text.

For those who think they know who I am or what kind of person I am, you don't.

Latest resources

Back