• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
27, Most SWA guys that I talk to agree with you. SWA should be forced to honor their agreement with AT. The problem is that an arbitrator allowed a DRC complaint to go forward that was not meant for this type of disagreement. Now SWAPA might be in a position where it has to go to SWA and try to get something for the AT pilots. I am not sure how that will play out, but it will be interesting.

27, Most SWA guys that I talk to agree with you. SWA should be forced to honor their agreement with AT. The problem is that an arbitrator allowed a DRC complaint to go forward that was not meant for this type of disagreement. Now SWAPA might be in a position where it has to go to SWA and try to get something for the AT pilots. I am not sure how that will play out, but it will be interesting.

Agreed. It will be interesting.

I haven't seen or heard AAI pilots suggesting that a claim be pursued outside of DRC. We are committed to following the agreed-upon process.

Obviously, we hope that a neutral party agrees that the 717 seats were a major part of the Agreement, but were subsequently removed without any real compensation offered . . . and that this should be addressed in a reasonable manner.

Hopefully, most folks can see why we believe this should be addressed.

Last edited:
Bubba,

We have two choices as to who represents us during the DR process. The dispute is centered around SWA and SWAPA collaboratively trying to introduce us to the taste of pillow. You don't seriously believe that SWAPA is the best choice to represent our interests ..... Do you ?

I have my issues with ALPA, but even I don't believe that SWAPA is a better choice in this instance.

I think you read waaaaay too much into things, Dicko. I was merely commenting on airplane colors. Where did you get that I was expressing an opinion on who should represent you? Personally, I try to stay out of it. But since you just asked my opinion, I agree that ALPA should represent you while you're still on the AirTran side of the partition. Two reasons: 1) since it was them who negotiated your contract in the first place; and 2) since ALPA has filed a DRC complaint under the agreement set, which seemingly puts SWAPA in an adversarial position with respect to the interests of APLA (AirTran) members.

See, I'm agreeing with you. I'm an agreeable guy. Just ask anyone. Now I want you to agree that the planes aren't really "purple," as some nameless ALPA members have alleged.

Bubba

I agree with Bubba on the representation. . . and could even concede "Blurple", although some of the more faded ships look less blue and more like "Barney Purple". :D

Last edited:
So lets flip it, the arbitrator says no, disagrees with AT's position, do you guys go to court?

No. The DRA process is clear. If the arbitrator rules against us, then this claim is done. There is another claim, related to the secret MOUs, and that would still go forward, but no court battle.

But it will be SWAPA that must negotiate with SWA in your behalf if there is arbitrated award...

There's nothing to negotiate. The DRA says that SWAPA must go to SWA management with the arbitrator's award, take the position that the award is the position of SWAPA, and see whether SWA management accepts it or not. SWA management has 14 days to decide whether to accept it and implement it or not. If they choose not to implement it, then it goes to another arbitration where the arbitrator can force SWA management to abide by the arbitrator's decision. At no point does SWAPA "negotiate" on our behalf.

No. The DRA process is clear. If the arbitrator rules against us, then this claim is done. There is another claim, related to the secret MOUs, and that would still go forward, but no court battle.

I call Bull******************** on this. ALPA will drag this into federal court, you and I both know it, and it is completely disingenuous of you to say otherwise. You must have failed failed politician 101 or you would be saying "Hell Yea we will fight this with every resource we have or until until Hell freezes over whichever comes last". Jesus man play to the crowd or say nothing. Good thing for you and the ALPA lawyers is you will get PAID every step along the way while this drags though the legal process. INEPT

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back