When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Critter717

As the whole operation begins to shut down I find myself increasingly annoyed at forking over my dues. At this point, if I'm paying into anything, I would rather have it be SWAPA.

ALPA will suck every last dollar out of you and even when you do cross over you will probably receive letters stating that your ALPA dues are in arrears.
This happened to a friend of mine who was laid off and they sent threatening letters, they did nothing to stop the furloughs either

. . . . . When you can snatch the membership card from their hand, Grasshopper.

Seriously, until we are wearing SWA ID's and are flying purple planes, we need the representation we have.

If you want to get your money's worth, volunteer to serve on a couple of committees. :D

Last edited:
Our issues aren't with SWAPA, nor with SWA pilots, but with MGT. changing the game after you signed the agreement.

Maybe not for you, but you must not be aware of the stances SWAPA has taken on issues pertaining to our Pilots. Getting rid of SC was a step in the right direction, but there is a lot of fence-mending that needs to be done between now and then.

ALPA will suck every last dollar out of you and even when you do cross over you will probably receive letters stating that your ALPA dues are in arrears.
This happened to a friend of mine who was laid off and they sent threatening letters, they did nothing to stop the furloughs either

I've seen this time and time again too. Not only do they take the 2% out of your paycheck, but after leaving they send you a bill saying "we miscalculated and didn't take enough!"

They must be getting the expense account receipts for those $3,000 dinners. What a bloated, out of touch organization.

Ty,

I suppose you are referring to SC comments about "capturing AAI captain" seats...all seems so irrelevant with the demise of the 717...we get it, it sucks to have worked hard and put in your time to become a CP at a major airline, and it sucks to have to go back to being a FO (and then have to go through upgrade training again, believe me I get that...) but once the DRC is adjudicated next month, and all the AAI pilots have transitioned, there is no room for ALPA on the property, it's called moving on and making the most of the situation...

Latest resources

Back