• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't imagine what Stacy must be going through right now. Did they have kids?

That guys had to endure more as a result of this merger than anybody else I can think of. Some of it was his choice to aggressively try to defend his position. Most was as a result of peoples perception of how this process went down. It was very sad to see the personal attacks on here and other websites at him and others. It is amazing how destructive our words can be. He worked hard for this pilot group in a position many were willing to criticize, but few were willing to accept. He was a good guy to fly with, never saw this coming. Hopefully the pilot group can step up and support his family.

May God lay His healing hands on his family! Very tragic to lose a fellow pilot under any circumstances.

That guys had to endure more as a result of this merger than anybody else I can think of. Some of it was his choice to aggressively try to defend his position. Most was as a result of peoples perception of how this process went down. It was very sad to see the personal attacks on here and other websites at him and others. It is amazing how destructive our words can be. He worked hard for this pilot group in a position many were willing to criticize, but few were willing to accept. He was a good guy to fly with, never saw this coming. Hopefully the pilot group can step up and support his family.
That's one of the main reasons I am rarely on this forum anymore and stay away from politics everywhere else. If it weren't for my son and wife, it would have been a harder struggle to come out the other side of this as well and let everything go. Sometimes people can be brutal towards those who they identify as the reason for the situation they find themselves in, and although Rich was sometimes a little "passionate" about his positions, you have to admire him for being stalwart and not going with however the political tides went after the fact.

Just so shocked... I didn't think that was part of his psychological makeup AT ALL. Last time I talked to him he was in good spirits in the terminal, I asked if they were going to have kids and he said they were talking about it, but that's been almost a year. So sad for his family, just... wow... :(

The sadness I have for him and his family can not be put into words. His passion and dedication for what he thought was right, was a window into who he was. There had to of been many factors contributing such a horrific outcome but the cyber attackes year over year and the inability to let it bounce off you can take its toll. I wish strength for his family and may he rest in peace.

I agree with the cyber bullying. You read about it every week when it comes to teenagers. Rich like to post everything regarding numbers, growth, financial information. He was passionate about his job. Every time he would post something non related to the merger, SLI, etc he would still get viscously attacked by the same 10-15 guys on the ALPA forum. It was embarrassing to see how other people can be treated just for posting simple financial information. I'm assuming that's one of the reasons it got taken offline. Those guys should be proud of themselves, spending more time online bullying people rather than enjoying life.

Latest resources

Back