• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
^^^Sorry-but a 6/3 sched is horrible. Even if you live in base. The only thing that I have seen worse is 12/3 by another operator. At least give pilots an 8/6 or Heaven forbid the dreaded 7/7. ;)
Sounds like you should not work there, you will probably be unhappy. But there days off schedule is better than many of the 135 operators, and it would be a great place to build time and get experience for the next job. If I was "between jobs" and it was near where I lived I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

You probably would have not taken a job at FedEx back in 1975, $400/mo for a DA-20 F/O, pay for training, only fly at night. You just can never tell.

repeat, but fits here. I reported aboard CVAN-65 USS Enterprise in 1975. At that time civilian flying jobs a scarce. I meet this guy who is getting out, going to work for company doing overnight mail, paid $400/mo for a F/O's job, he had to use his GI bill for training in the right seat of the DA-20. The company must have had a gov't contract I thought with a name like Federal Express. He stayed at FedEx, ran across him at a CO's conference in the late 80's he was like a double-digit seniority number.

It has been said that is will take you 10 years to determine if you made the right move. There is tremendous amount of luck in picking any job

That is 10 days off a month, a lot better than many of the 135 operators out there, in fact better than my IBT union contract a former 121 air carrier. If you live in base that would be an alright schedule. Just about the same as our DA-20 drivers, who used tot get 7 days a month off.

Your the reason this profession is what it is today.. You make me sick!!!!

"It has been said that is will take you 10 years to determine if you made the right move. There is tremendous amount of luck in picking any job. "

Agree that Yip has always set his sights too low. But sometimes he is right, as above.

I am sorry

Yes I have singlehandedly (word?) destroyed this profession, it was a lot of work going to all those former employers and putting them out of business. I'm sorry it made you sick. I know the reality of this business does that to people who are in it for the wrong reasons. There is cure for this though, it is called the ignore function.

Last edited:

Why are you so angry at everything and everybody? You probably have good points, but it is hard to get to them with all the vitriol.

Don't get excited, but it is "You're the reason...".

Valid point, which begs the question...IF this thing takes off (no pun intended) will it be nothing more than a "keep current" factory?!?

The regional airline of the fractional world in a sense... If that is the case then Avantair has found a replacement!

The regional airline of the fractional world in a sense...

Naw, we already had that with Options' current contract pay rates and scope (non-) protections, not to mention effective ongoing pay cuts through fleet displacements (insisted upon by our unioin leadership, but entirely not their fault).

Why are you so angry at everything and everybody? You probably have good points, but it is hard to get to them with all the vitriol.

Very simple answer..many years ago I got into this proffesion proud to be a pilot excited to work with highly intelligent professionals however over the years I have experienced the complete opposite complete idiots that don't have a ounce of common sense. There willing to whore themselves out to the lowest bidder. Take whatever ********************ty wages, schedule, and benefits that is offered to them. Getting slapped in the face and only saying " Thankyou sir may I have another" so yes I am angry I'm very angry and I'm embarrassed to what this proffesion has become. It is no longer a job filled with proffesionals, but with pathetic losers that have no self respect for this proffesion or themselves.. So to say I'm angry is a drastic understatement...

Very simple answer..many years ago I got into this proffesion proud to be a pilot excited to work with highly intelligent professionals however over the years I have experienced the complete opposite complete idiots that don't have a ounce of common sense. There willing to whore themselves out to the lowest bidder. Take whatever ********************ty wages, schedule, and benefits that is offered to them. Getting slapped in the face and only saying " Thankyou sir may I have another" so yes I am angry I'm very angry and I'm embarrassed to what this proffesion has become. It is no longer a job filled with proffesionals, but with pathetic losers that have no self respect for this proffesion or themselves.. So to say I'm angry is a drastic understatement...

I'm pretty curious where in your opinion the line is between professional and whore? Not everyone can be at the top of this industry, but everyone should have the right to ply their trade while they work their way up the ladder. Unless your a senior captain at FedEx, I'm not sure you have the right to throw stones. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and you may choose to leave this profession if and when it no longer meets your personal expectations. However, you don't have the right to make that determination for others. Being angry is a personal choice, and I'll wager it will do very little to help you reach your goals in this career.

You correct in many ways Randy, BTW we had a guy come to work for us in GRR several years ago who was one of the first guys hired into the Falcons at FedEX and thought it was going nowhere. He quit and spent the rest of his career kicking around from one loser company to another beating himself up. Too bad but that the way the mop flops sometimes.

Latest resources

Back