What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say it ain't so

Just spoke to a buddy of mine at Gemini, and he says that all coporate AMEX cards have been cancelled, and now the company is requesting that the crews pay company related expenses (air travel & hotels) on their personal credit cards.

He's not too optimistic about their future!

Apparently so

Subject AMEX memo was sent at 5PM on friday by finance VP who then turns off his phone for the weekend.

An individual was told yesterday to go to MIA, He thought the company had bought him travel thereto, not. A query to company was met with a request for his personal credit card info. Which he did not have. Trip to MIA canceled; nevermind.

I love this kind of flying but Gemini's short term viability seems uncertain. Is Atlas hiring?

tj

Last edited:
I personally would refuse to place any expenses on my card... I worked both at GAC and another job that did the same thing with company cards... those Amex cards were backed ultimately by the company so that IF you refused to pay it, they had to ... with you taking on the entire debt in your name, you take the company off the hook.

I personally would find it hard to believe the company itself would be so sinister as to do this with the intent to leave it's pilots with the debt, but the reality is that maybe the AMEX card cancelled on them due to lack of credit worthiness and this is their last resort.

Wishing them the best.

Subject AMEX memo was sent at 5PM on friday by finance VP who then turns off his phone for the weekend.

An individual was told yesterday to go to MIA, He thought the company had bought him travel thereto, not. A query to company was met with a request for his personal credit card info. Which he did not have. Trip to MIA canceled; nevermind.

I love this kind of flying but Gemini's short term viability seems uncertain. Is Atlas hiring?

tj

tj,

Sorry to hear that this crap is happening to you guys, but glad to see that guys aren't pulling out their personal cards for company business expenses.

To answer your question, Atlas is hiring, been hiring all year, just send your resume to [email protected]

Good luck!

WTF? GAC management?

Best of luck to all of you. Start shotgunning those resumes if you haven't already. ATI's still got a few classes to hire this year, next one planned for July with interviews to fill it starting this month.

WTF? GAC management?

Best of luck to all of you. Start shotgunning those resumes if you haven't already. ATI's still got a few classes to hire this year, next one planned for July with interviews to fill it starting this month.

b707guy,

Would you mind posting the contact info for ATI? Got a buddy, who's an FE at GAC and he called me today asking about employment at Atlas, but we're not hiring anymore FE's..................Thanks!

Well, before posting this, I wanted to check it out myself, and unfortunately, it may be of little help at the moment, but here goes: Go to www.airtransport.cc and click on Careers at ATI, and Find a Position. Right now, however, there are no announced flight crew positions. We've apparently been inundated with applications with ATA and so many others suddenly available and the process has been halted, probably through September for pilots. Some discussion has been made regarding PFEs, but any need will be short term. Our three-seaters are unfortunately very unlikely to grow, and are more likely to reduce in the not-so-distant future, so anyone looking to be hired as a PFE would most likely not be doing themselves any favor. That same link above does show mx positions, so if any PFEs out of work are willing to turn wrenches for a while, there may be some opportunities there for them. Hope that helps...

And just to clarify, the July class I mentioned elsewhere isn't filled yet, so if you have an application on file, you're still in the running for interview and selection for that class. It's just that no new apps will be taken at least for the better part of the summer.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back