• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you have to humiliate the guy making him aware that such position has been filled with a 500 hr CFI, what kind of professionalism is that ?...let's use some courtesy and diplomacy you might be that gentlemen tomorrow looking for a job and you would like to be treated with dignity even if you have to listen to a negative response from a potential employer.
The conversation went something like this, "I am sorry to hear things are not working out at GAC, you know we had to fill that slot last November when you turned us down. Wish you were here. If you are still interested in working for USA Jet I will put your file back into our active pool. We have no hiring plans at this time, due to no turnover, but that can change on short notice if our fleet expansion plans come together. Please stay in touch and lets us know of your availibility. Best of luck"

Becuase we all know that flying freight is below all you pre-madonna's. So when you get furloughed from your job at XYZ airline you come sniffling back to cargo..

Too bad USA Jet flies pax in their DC9's too..

Did you have to humiliate the guy making him aware that such position has been filled with a 500 hr CFI, what kind of professionalism is that ?...let's use some courtesy and diplomacy you might be that gentlemen tomorrow looking for a job and you would like to be treated with dignity even if you have to listen to a negative response from a potential employer.

Ditto on that! pilotyip, a simple "no, that position has been filled" would have sufficed. It is unprofessional to rub it in by telling him that you hired a 500 hour guy......completely unnecessary information

Last edited:
Ditto on that! pilotyip, a simple "no, that position has been filled" would have sufficed. It is unprofessional to rub it in by telling him that you hired a 500 hour guy......completely unnecessary information

Back in 2005, I applied at USA Jet along with every other flying job in the world. At the time, I did not meet any of the minimums, including USA Jet.

Dozens of airlines I applied to, USA Jet is the ONLY airline to send me a personal e-mail explaining that I did not meet the minimums but urged me to re-apply.

I thought it was cool

USA Training

One second thoughts, the more important question to Yip is.. why?

Why in this time with 23000 hour ATA captains looking for jobs are you putting a 500 hour pilot into a jet that requires a good bit of situational awareness and flying skill? Why burden your captains with him? Why take risks with your passengers? What if that CA is incapacitated?

Tell me a lot about your outfit.

Its all in USA Jet's training program. Even if they have 500 hours, a rock solid foundation has been formed to build experience.

ATA or ABX pilots would be miserable at USA Jet anyway.

Did not hire a 500 hr CFI

You notice I used the word filled, in accordance with our policy if we do not have pilots with the hours to bid DC-9 F/O we reserve the right to hire off the street. Since we could not find anyone off the street with 2000TT and 1200 ME we put out a bid in house and offered it to the senior bidder who at that time had 300 hours in the DA-20. He went through training with no problem and scored the highest on the final exam in ground school. Hours do not make the pilot, training does. BTW you will notice in my response to him, I did not tell him whom we filled the slot with. BTW2 When we started our passenger public charter in Puerto Rico last month, the airport and TSA said it was the smoothest start up operation they had ever seen. We do it right

Latest resources

Back