Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The longest trips I've done without refueling are to the limits of the PA-30 I bought about a year ago ... almost 6 hours non-stop. I bought the plane in Florida and flew it in a single day back to SoCal .. 15 hours total, two fuel stops, averaged 145 kts and 14gph total fuel burn. Of course we were flying at something like 55% power for fuel economy, not to mention time building :)

It was painful. I won't do another trip like that again.

F16TJ said:
Viper has an autopilot. Not a good one, mind you, but it has an autopilot. Usually you just use the Altitude Hold function to stay in the ALTRAV block and just hand fly your heading. You're always in formation, so there's really no way to synchronize the heading function of everybody in the formation. When it's your turn to re-fuel, of course, you're not on the autopilot then. Formation spacing varies with the WX, too. Flew a 6 hour sortie from Kunsan, Korea to Singapore and we were in the WX for 4 hours and 45 minutes flying route formation (two to four ship widths spacing between jets). THAT was painful!

Wasnt there a viper pilot once who caught a strap, maybe even something from piddle pack, on the stick, causing the plane to quickly roll and he punched out?

My longest is 13 hours in a Warrior, north atlantic.

na265 said:
When the first flight school I worked at closed, I delivered the airplanes to their new owners. Some went to Dallas, the others went to far off places. The two coolest trips were a 172 to Ashville, NC and a 152 to Long Beach from Lubbock.

If you don't mind, what was the flight school, and do you remember the N number of the 152?

asdfghjk

I flew a cirrus from fullerton california to duluth minnesota and back about 12-14 hours each way done in one day. I cant remember but i think two stops in somewhere in Kansas and Chandler Arizona.

pilotmiketx said:
Forgot to mention it although it probably goes without saying, don't buy yellow Gatorade. Don't want to confuse it with the pee. (I still almost hurl when I think about the time I almost drank from someone's spit cup...)
How about the time I was drinking a bottle of Martinelli's carbonated apple cider when I stepped off the plane. Looking back on it I can see why all of the folks were staring - it looked for all the world like a Miller bottle. :beer:

'Sled

Sniper Bob, The school was Flight Tech, Inc., at Town and Country Airport. I think it was N93193, that was 13 yrs ago. The guy who bought it was going to take it apart and ship it to India for flight training.

na265 said:
Sniper Bob, The school was Flight Tech, Inc., at Town and Country Airport. I think it was N93193, that was 13 yrs ago. The guy who bought it was going to take it apart and ship it to India for flight training.

Cool. I did all my flying (post-private) out of International. None at T&C. I have a friend who got some certificates out there. He has a crazy story about him, a 172, an intoxicated instructor, and the bar-ditch in front of the runway threshold.

Good times.

So, now you have me intrested. What years were you in LBB? I worked at Flight Tech; had a PA28-160 on lease back, out on my own; and I worked at Lubbock Aero at one time also.

There were some crazy things out at T&C. Do you remember Jason, I forgot his last name, who had the Robison out there?

Latest resources

Back