Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
na265 said:
So, now you have me intrested. What years were you in LBB? I worked at Flight Tech; had a PA28-160 on lease back, out on my own; and I worked at Lubbock Aero at one time also.

There were some crazy things out at T&C. Do you remember Jason, I forgot his last name, who had the Robison out there?

Got here in 90 to go to Tech and have been here ever since. Flew out of LBB Aero and then Stratos. Did a little instructing there, as well.

KUDD - KORL 1812NM (Palm Springs, CA to Orlando, FL) in a Cirrus SR22 in 9 hours and 2 stops. Hardest thing was staying awake!! Damn things pretty much fly themselves. :cool:

Longest day of flying was right around 9/15/2001. It was a two pilot trip for Wings of Mercy to bring a young mom and her kid back home, stranded after 9/11 shut everything down and stranded most of the organization's volunteer's planes.

Grand Rapids, Michigan to Houston, Texas, and back in a Twin Comanche. One day. One fuel stop each way. Right around 14 hours total flying time.

Second longest was another two pilot trip, this time a 135 charter flight in a C-310 from Holland, Michigan to Pueblo, Colorado, to someplace in central Indiana (don't remember right off), then an empty leg (91) back to Michigan. Close to 12 hours flying (maxed out 10 hours on the two 135 legs).

Ferried a Tomahawk from Fort Pierce, FL to San Antonio in one day. Couldn't feel my legs by the end of the day.

Longest leg was a C172 from Goose Bay to Denmark... 17.5 hrs
Longest trip in one plane was Florida to China in a PA44... 87 hours in 2 weeks.

No trips over the pond for me, but I've made a few coast to coast flights. D.C. to Riverside, CA and back in a Seminole...Ohio-Denver and back in a 182 and Ohio-Phoenix in an Arrow. All great experiences! Only one unplanned stop in Topeka for bladder control....I'll never forget that one haha

MHT - BOS - PBI - TQPF - TNCM (St. Marteen) - MIA - MHT 19.9 hours on the hobbs; all of that in a 36 hour clock :crying:. I sure don't miss the pre 91K days.

Geez, my trip was pathetic compared to someof those.

15.6 hours round trip, 47N (central NJ) to EVB (New Smyrna Beach, FL)

Latest resources

Back