Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All these are PIC trips...

DFW UIN GRB in a Cessna 320

Beaufort SC to TEB one way in a 172.

MSN to Sarasota to MSN, in an Aztec

GRB to Zepher Hills then Sarasota and back, in a Cessna 320.

GRB OWB LOU GRB in a Cherokee Six.

Various MSN/GRB trips to RIC and South Hill Virginia and back, in Seneca/Aztec/C-320.

MSN to Show Low Arizona and back in a Turbo 210, two separate trips.

MSN to Phoenix Arizona and back in a 414.

MSN to PNE one way, in a 182.

MSN to New Holstein WI, then southern Georgia and back to MSN, with a bunch of intake valves for Tecumseh in the middle of the night.

I think I have you all beat, (granted I didn't take the time to read all 200 posts) . I've crossed the pond in a King Air A90 with no auto pilot from Ft. lauderdale to Paris. It was 22 flight hours in a 32 hour period.

I have another, granted I haven't do it yet, but the offer is there (I don't think I;m going to either). flying a Piper Pawnee (true airspeed of about 120 mph) from Kanasas City down to Argentina. Endurance of 2.5 to 3 hours, and stoping at all the islands for fuel and a ton of customs paperwork. A pawnee is atick and rudder, hence, no auto pilot. I think it is just under 60 hous.

Shamus said:
I think I have you all beat, (granted I didn't take the time to read all 200 posts) . I've crossed the pond in a King Air A90 with no auto pilot from Ft. lauderdale to Paris. It was 22 flight hours in a 32 hour period.
Sorry, GKranger said King airs don't count. Besides, FT lauderdale-Paris may not be as far as Anchorage, Maine via Greely CO and it's about half as far as the round trip was. KC to Argentina, Now that would be a trip

Thats an easy one for me to choose. Two flights both in a 2003 Piper Archer.

Carbondale, IL(MDH)-Springdale, AR-Oklahoma City, OK-Amarillo, TX-Santa Fe, NM-Gallup, NM-Phoenix, AZ-Catalina Island, CA-Phonix, AZ-Alberquerque, NM-Amarillo, TX-Oklahoma City, OK-Springdale, AR-Carbondale, IL (MDH)

Then 3 months later pretty much the same initial legs but this time to Alberquerque instead of Santa Fe and then to Wilson, AZ and up to Las Vegas, NV and then back again.

I think that the first one was 36 hours and the second one was like 33 hours. Both trips had massive headwinds going west but great tailwinds coming back. And both trips were completly paid for by my students cause it was for IFR training to get them done quickly. Fun trips. First time that I had ever been to the Pacific OCean much less flying over it in a single engine piper to Catalina Island. And Vegas and night is unbelievable from the air and we got vectored over the hoover dam both times going into and leaving vegas. Fun fun.

Xc

I brought a friends C152 from South Carolina to Spokane Washington. It was quite a trip, got lot's of good pics....thanks Don!

Shamus said:
I have another, granted I haven't do it yet, but the offer is there (I don't think I;m going to either). flying a Piper Pawnee (true airspeed of about 120 mph) from Kanasas City down to Argentina. Endurance of 2.5 to 3 hours, and stoping at all the islands for fuel and a ton of customs paperwork. A pawnee is atick and rudder, hence, no auto pilot. I think it is just under 60 hous.

Is this a ferry flight?

Shamus said:
...flying a Piper Pawnee (true airspeed of about 120 mph) from Kanasas City down to Argentina. Endurance of 2.5 to 3 hours, and stoping at all the islands for fuel and a ton of customs paperwork. A pawnee is stick and rudder, hence, no auto pilot. I think it is just under 60 hours.
Why not just put avgas in the hopper and buy a Human Element Range Extender, then you can non-stop it. ;)

'Sled

I've flown a twin comanche from Minnesota to Cambridge Bay on Victoria Island (way north of the arctic circle) and back. Almost 40 hour on the hobbs!!! Was a trip of a lifetime and the Char fishing wasn't half bad either.

Flew from Jacksonville FL to Sao Luis Brazi in a C-182 when I was a missionary pilot. Ferried the plane to and from Brazil as well as flew within the country. Longest ferry leg was Barbados to French Guayana - 5.2 hours.

Latest resources

Back