Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the longest flight/trip you've made in a light airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forgot to mention it although it probably goes without saying, don't buy yellow Gatorade. Don't want to confuse it with the pee. (I still almost hurl when I think about the time I almost drank from someone's spit cup...)

gkrangers said:
As long as it doesn't require a type. ;)

And no King Airs, not even the small one! :)

No type and no King Airs...Got it.

PC-12 Coast to Coast several times.
PA-23-160 Coast to Coast twice

The 12 was a bladder buster being Single pilot, Whoever thought that an airplane with nearly 8 hours endurance should be flown Single pilot needs to be slapped.

The Apache......well suffice it to say it was in my younger days when light twins were king, even the really slow ugly ones! Nothing like going across this great country at a blistering 120 knots.........twice.........New Mexico and Arizona at 10k in the middle of summer...........ahh the memories of the compressed spine and the sweat. Nothing like 120 degree heat to generate turbulence!!

pilotmiketx said:
Forgot to mention it although it probably goes without saying, don't buy yellow Gatorade. Don't want to confuse it with the pee. (I still almost hurl when I think about the time I almost drank from someone's spit cup...)
The yellow is my favorite too :(

And, those damn spitters...everyone dips around here. Can't tell if a bottle is full of iced tea, soda, or spit around here!

I have done a few 12 flight hour days in small airplanes. You do end up with an out of body experience. At the last stop the hotel and restaurant people will give you questioning looks, as in "should we do a tox screen on this dude?"

My longest is from PDX to CXO with a fuel stop in Blythe. Took the southern route due to weather over Colorado and Utah.

I used to deliver Helio Couriers in the early 90's out of South Carolina. I delivered a few to Alaska, West Coast and Central and South America. The longest nonstop flight I had was from Panama City, Panama to Quito, Ecuador. It was 7 hours 20 minutes. I figured it was better going nonstop rather than landing in Columbia with a nice STOL Bush airplane. The range was 8 Hours on it. I agree with the Gatorade Bottle. I ONCE didnt have one and WOW did that suck! I know a guy who once had to take a dump in his flight bag because he didnt want to land. Yes, he bought a new flight bag.

When the first flight school I worked at closed, I delivered the airplanes to their new owners. Some went to Dallas, the others went to far off places. The two coolest trips were a 172 to Ashville, NC and a 152 to Long Beach from Lubbock.

The Ashville was cool bc the new owner keep me there for 5 days doing a BFR. He paid me $300/day and flew my arse off. It was the most money I ever made as a CFI. BTW, he never did get the BFR sign off. The LGB trip was about 12hrs in the airplane. It was a long day. The fun wore off at about 6hrs.

na265 said:
When the first flight school I worked at closed, I delivered the airplanes to their new owners. Some went to Dallas, the others went to far off places. The two coolest trips were a 172 to Ashville, NC and a 152 to Long Beach from Lubbock.

The Ashville was cool bc the new owner keep me there for 5 days doing a BFR. He paid me $300/day and flew my arse off. It was the most money I ever made as a CFI. BTW, he never did get the BFR sign off. The LGB trip was about 12hrs in the airplane. It was a long day. The fun wore off at about 6hrs.
He was that bad ?

Southern Oregon to OSH and back in a C172, by myself, age 18.... oh to work for the flight school! That was a grand trip & adventure. Glad the owner trusted me that much. Longest day was 9.5 hours on the hobbs, coming home... somewhere around the Wisconsin/MI border to Boise.

Latest resources

Back