Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This douche boards the plane wearing a button up shirt with a huge NASA logo on the left nip area asks me "High pressure still dominating the area?"
I kind of chuckled as he walked by. I didn't answer him because I didn't know how to answer a stupid question like that.
I think he was looking for an answer like this: "I don't know sir, oh you must be a astronaut, can you explain how high pressure would benefit us today?"

Yesterday I had someone ask me how long I've been a flight attendant.

viper548 said:
Here's a stupid question a pax asked the FA: I went to the lav, so the FA goes into the flightdeck. I go back in and the FA comes out. The pax asked the FA if he was flying the plane while I was in the lav

you should have said "no...thats his girlfriend"

AGuyThatFlys said:
DING-DING-DING---We have a winner! This is the dumbest question so far.

The scary thing is that people like this are expected to be informed voters.

No, the scary thing is that stupid people like that can complain and get you in trouble.

Hey English, I was thinking as I was reading this thread that the female pilots should probably have their own thread on this.

There's not enough space here to post all the stupid questions I've been asked over the years, but two recent ones come to mind.

First, after getting to the gate for our early morning departure, the captain and I realize that our FA got hung up in security. I'm standing at the gate and the captain has gone down to the plane, and he tells me to get the paperwork. So I politely stand there, waiting for the gate agent to hand me the paperwork, in my full uniform (because it's winter), and the gate agent asks me where the First Officer is. I told him the Flight Attendant was still in security. So he said, "Well, I'll just give him the paperwork when he gets here. Do you want to go down to the plane? Give me a call when you're ready to board."

Second one was a gem. The crew was all female. The gate agent looks at us, checks our badges, and then says, "Who gets the paperwork?" Then the passengers, who are all sitting there waiting to board start asking the gate agent when the pilots were going to show up. This is as we are walking past them to the jetbridge. The gate agent never told them the pilots had arrived. Imagine the looks on their faces as they boarded and saw us in the cockpit! And to make this scenario even better, the captain was pregnant! We laughed about that one all the way to the next stop.

Also had a guy the other day in his full southern accent talk to me for about half an hour on they way to the airport. As we were entering the terminal he says "Are YOU the pilot?" I say, "Why yes I am." And he says, "I've never seen me one of them girl piluts before. Ain't you skeered to fly one of them things?" I'm also southern, and I talk like that too, so I'm allowed to make fun of those people. I just told him that I like adventure.

This guy comes up to the cockpit and is like "do you guys fly on instruments or just take the ILS all the way?"

heard this the other day

I was on a tram going from one terminal to the next. While on the tram the automated voice started to list all the airlines that are at the next terminal. It starts with Airtran, AirFrance...then gets to American Eagle. Right about that time this guy looks at me with a blank stare. Then says, "Wow, I had no idea American Eagle Outfitters was big enough to have their own airline." I then gave him a blank stare. After contemplated his statement he then said, "I wonder what kind of clothes the crew wears." It was a long day for me so I just told him I thought that in the winter time the flight attendants wore flannel shirts and then got off the tram with him still sporting the dazed stare of dissbelief. Some people just don't have a clue.

Latest resources

Back