Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
in the dash 8, waiting for pax to off load. the gpws decides to go nuts. it starts calling out "dont sink, dont sink". its loud enough to hear in the back, espcially with the door open. as a pax is getting off, they ask the FA "why is the plane telling them 'dont think'?"

"Have you thought about going to United?" (about 5 months ago by someone at my second job)

Where the fuk have you been?
Yeah, I am thinking about going to United. :rolleyes:

(Coming in to land after a night time scenic flight in December).

Pax: OOOHH! Did they decorate the runway for Christmas???

Lost in Seattle

not a question but...

my last job we flew c206's and c207's 5 pax. We were heading south entering the pattern at BFI for a north landing and as we were "passing" the airport on downwind, the lady sitting behind me taps me on the shoulder and yells, "the airport is over there!"

I couldn't get the smile off my face...I wanted so badly to start laughing...
There were a few responses I could have given her, but I needed my job... All I could say was, "oh, thanks"... come to find out later, she reported to the agent that the pilot was lost and couldn't find the airport.

Again, thank you for saving the day.

~~~^~~~ said:

4. If a fly takes off and is flying around the cabin, does the airplane weigh less?

We have got to find the answer to this question soon, if not I might never get to sleep again. j/k

trybysky reminded me of one, again, not a question. We were on the downwind for runway 29 in EWR, crossing the numbers for the 4's. Passing over the airport, a passenger in the 3rd row leans out and yells to the flight attendant, "Lady the pilots just missed the airport!"

skyslug said:
Several years ago we had to hold for about 30 minutes or so due to weather at our destination. When we arrived, a guy with one of those obnoxious Nascar jackets asked me if I was practicing to be a Nascar driver "cuz of all those left (or right, I don't do Nascar) hand turns" we were doing. He was serious.

I simply smiled and told him "No, there was weather at our airport and we had to wait for it to clear".

He then proceeded to ask me...and I kid you not...if this plane (a CRJ) was as fast as a Nascar. I told him we did in deed fly faster than his beloved Nascars. His eyes got huge and his face was lit with disbelief. He kept saying "no way you guys are faster than a Nascar? They go 200 (?) MPH."

He proceeded to argue with me (for several minutes and thought our plane had propellers) when I told him we fly along about 500 MPH over the ground. He said I was probably mistaken. Said the Nascar was much faster than this jet, shook his head and left.

All I could do was smile and try with all my might to not laugh and then smack that stupid Winston hat off his mullet-head!

so that has to be the dumbest question I've ever been asked.
DING-DING-DING---We have a winner! This is the dumbest question so far.

The scary thing is that people like this are expected to be informed voters.

dash8driver said:
in the dash 8, waiting for pax to off load. the gpws decides to go nuts. it starts calling out "dont sink, dont sink". its loud enough to hear in the back, espcially with the door open. as a pax is getting off, they ask the FA "why is the plane telling them 'dont think'?"

Is that what the pax asked your F/A or did you have a F/A
with a lisp?

Latest resources

Back