Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a woman ask me if it was OK to flush the lav while sitting at the gate. I guess she was more accustomed to early train travel...

I can remember being on a train from ORD to JAN as a kid and seeing the tracks whizzing by through the john hole ( trains are cooler than airplanes ).

I told her it would be just fine to flush. She asked an honest question and I never would have embarrassed her by giving her further details.

A couple days ago I was in RIC waiting for a deadhead flight to PIT that had been delayed. I was standing around chatting with a couple flight attendants when someone came up to me and said, "Hey, I heard we have a plane but we're waiting for a crew. Can't you guys just fly it?"

I got all sarcastic and said, "Yeah, sure, we don't really need a captain." To his credit, the guy picked up on the sarcasm and shut his mouth.

I bet most of you would ask equally dumb questions about someone else's profession that you had no knowledge of. And you wonder why pilots have the reputation they do!

BR549 said:
I bet most of you would ask equally dumb questions about someone else's profession that you had no knowledge of. And you wonder why pilots have the reputation they do!

Great. Buzz kill. Go away and find someone else's cornflakes to piss in.

bafanguy said:
Had a woman ask me if it was OK to flush the lav while sitting at the gate. I guess she was more accustomed to early train travel...

Not a dumb question on 300 series ATR, the dang things won't flush if the props aren't turning. French logic.

The dumbest question?

"Can I get you to walk my resume into Mesaba, please? I hear that's the place to be. Aren't you guys growin or sumpthin? Sure wish I would get in that quagmire."

I was talking about flying with a friend of mine and I told her that I'm a private pilot. She asked me if I could fly her on a 747.

PolarTwins55 said:
I was talking about flying with a friend of mine and I told her that I'm a private pilot. She asked me if I could fly her on a 747.

What was your answer? Just curious since it was a "her"

BR549 said:

you're probably right.... and they also probably gather around and talk about the dumbest questions they've ever heard too. so what's your point?

Latest resources

Back