What made Eastern GO Under?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FD109

Well there is one that you are definitely wrong on.

I appear on and advise CNN on aviation matters. In short, I have my part of the gig, get your own.

Re: FD109

publisher said:

I appear on and advise CNN on aviation matters. In short, I have my part of the gig, get your own.

Oh God help us, you are one of the media's so called "Aviation Experts"

This explains a whole lot!!!!!

Re: Typhoon

Originally posted by publisher
Get a life Typhoon.
Wow, real mature. What year of high school are you in?

Look, what happened at Eastern is--I imagine--a lot like the break-up of a family. It may not be important to you, but it was immensely important to me...and when someone like you comes along with a grossly distorted view of what happened, it's easy to take it personally.

Get a life? I'm an airline captain, flying a jet. I have a loving wife, a beautiful baby boy, and another one on the way. I don't owe anything on my house or my car, and I'm holding a reasonable line. I've got a life. Arguing with management toadies like you is just a hobby. :D

See you on CNN!

Re: FD109

publisher said:

Is anyone else tired of hearing some private pilot "expert" on the news spouting his mouth off about a subject they have very little experience in?

Publisher, next time you are on TV please tell America you are not an Airline pilot, you just play one on TV..

Last edited:
Publisher and the Media

Oh my gosh!!!!

I was trying to make a funny joke by proposing some sort of media thing with Publisher. That was before I fully realized what a joke Publisher really was. I withdraw my offer; my people have been advised to refuse calls from his people!

Publisher an advisor to CNN on aviation matters??!!?? If that's true, I'm appalled.

I'm going to offer myself to CNN as a technical expert on brain surgery; after all, I'm at least as qualified to advise the media on brain surgery as Publisher is to advise them on aviation.

Last edited:
FD109,

In all fairness, he can't possibly be any worse than that worthless boob, Robert Hager on NBC.

In all seriousness, if publisher was really an analyst, who "appeared and advised on CNN", he would tell us who he is. He would want us to know all the tidbits of info he spouts to the viewing public came from him.

So who are you publisher? If you are so proud of your cable network talking head status, tell us all about it. If nothing else, your previous appearances on CNN will give us a myriad of topics to discuss.

Fess up...

Pub,

That is disturbing, could you please list your qualifications for that job. You appear not to have flown many airliners, so I am not sure where your knowledge on large aircraft systems and 121 operations would come in. I THOUGHT you said you were never in managment so I am not sure where your managerial background in aviation managment would come in handy.

If you are being serious I would like to know what exactly you ADVISE them on..

AAflyer,

P.S. On positive note, your posts always seem to surprise me, and others give me a little laughter to brighten my day.:rolleyes

Re: Typhoon

publisher said:

I took a bunch of ex Eastern pilots down with me to Africa and they had no interest in getting shot at so there you go. Different strokes for different folks.

You can give me all the facts that you want to. ...

Publisher,

You have both told us and demonstrated repeatedly that facts and documentation (see your previous posts) are not among your strong points, but can you please explain the quotations above.

(1) Just who was shooting at the ex-Eastern pilots you took to Africa? I personally would have no interest in that myself.

Is being shot at something you enjoy? If so, have you told CNN about this?

(2) Does that second paragraph mean what it sounds like it means: That you have made up your mind and don't want to be confused by facts.

And another thing, IF a bunch of ex-Eastern pilots were traveling with you, I wonder who they were? That might explain a lot.

AAflyer,

He is highly qualified per his profile. 1650 hours in multiple private, corporate, and commercial aircraft. Of course I could be reading that wrong. Perhaps that is just his inverted flight time. Or maybe his time inside the FAF. ;)

Latest resources

Back