• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Heavy jet will SWA buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about your numbers, especially for ETOPS flying. The Max was weight restricted for a lot of outer island Hawaii routes to the west coast. For example, couldn't carry anywhere near a full load from LIH to the west coast. That was in the presentation the company made comparing NEO's and MAX's. NEO definitely could carry a much better payload.

We'll see Dan. The wing/pylon/winglet design is looking to add a 1.5% gain and that's before they even bolt on the new engines. That 1.5% is in addition to the early stated 10-12% increase in efficiency.

Not sure about your numbers, especially for ETOPS flying. The Max was weight restricted for a lot of outer island Hawaii routes to the west coast. For example, couldn't carry anywhere near a full load from LIH to the west coast. That was in the presentation the company made comparing NEO's and MAX's. NEO definitely could carry a much better payload.

To be fair, nobody goes very far from Lihue. It's a "cozy" airport...

The 700 Max has an additional 500NM range at a minimum. The new engine is out performing so far in it's tests. It could easily make Brasil from the south or Western Europe from the northeast....now....I hope we would get better seats that the GK 15%roic evolve special...because I wouldn't want to do it!

It's going to be an underwhelming POS with ultra modern displays. I hope within the next 20 years Boeing's narrow body strategy evolves beyond Herb's slide rules.

Still won't have EICAS, automatic bus switching, systems synoptics, ice detection, AOA, or master caution/warning chimes. Will still have start levers though. I'll just be happy if they can build a VNAV that is able to maintain PATH or at least notify the crew aurally if it switches modes.

Waveflyer will get his chance to fly the L-1011. heard it here first. And his American West brothers will get preferential interviews as F/E.

I'll just be happy if they can build a VNAV that is able to maintain PATH or at least notify the crew aurally if it switches modes.
If you're talking SWA, I've jump seated in the cockpit enough to know the inability to maintain VNAV path is self induced. When the FMS says "drag required" you have to increase drag. The SWA rule against speedbreaks with any flaps makes that hard to do unless you want to start throwing your landing gear out.

4.5 months ago you bet you'd be flying wide bodies in 5 years or you would voluntarily ban yourself from FI for a period of time. I'm waiting.

Quote it in 4.5 then superstar
I always pay my bets

If you're talking SWA, I've jump seated in the cockpit enough to know the inability to maintain VNAV path is self induced. When the FMS says "drag required" you have to increase drag. The SWA rule against speedbreaks with any flaps makes that hard to do unless you want to start throwing your landing gear out.

Really?

You want us to add drag every time the fms says so eh?
Swa 73 expert

Please teach us more. What other messages do we need to pay special attention to?

Still won't have EICAS, automatic bus switching, systems synoptics, ice detection, AOA, or master caution/warning chimes. Will still have start levers though. I'll just be happy if they can build a VNAV that is able to maintain PATH or at least notify the crew aurally if it switches modes.

Fair points by most esp this^^^
That really doesn't seem like an overly complicated wish list for a 2017 refurb since most jets have had that since the 90's

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back